At HP, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work. If you are going to do something, Make it Matter.
• Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline for HP Software.
• Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's software products and services better.
• Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
• Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
• Work closely with and support account manager, providing technical expertise and support, and participating in client engagements up to C-level engagements for more complex solutions in smaller accounts.
• Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
• Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization.
Scope and Impact:
• May coordinate internal & external partners to deliver appropriate solution sale.
• Establishes relationships with customer/partner at all organizational levels; able to interface with senior levels in internal and external groups.
• Sub-Sahara Africa
Education and Experience Required:
• University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Directly related previous work experience (software sales).
• Both vertical industry & partner knowledge required.
• Typically 5-8 years advanced sales experience required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Is considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
• Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
• Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
• Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how HP's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities
• Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
• Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
• Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position HP as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
• Excellent project management skills.
• Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
• Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
• Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
• Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings.
• Understands how to leverage HP's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
• Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
• Understands and sells high value software solutions
• Understands selling of services sales.
• Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
• Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
• Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.