Vacancy at Smit Lamnalco
Posted on: 7 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Smit Lamnalco
Company informationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services to the following on and offshore terminals: oil & gas; LNG, FLNG, FSRU; SPM; FPSO, FSO; and minerals export. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 200 vessels and have more than 2,500 staff worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets and in challenging environments. We provide our vessels and related support services in over 30 countries to leading IOCs, major NOCs and other respected clients.
More information on Smit Lamnalco can be found on: www.smitlamnalco.com
SMIT Lamnalco has an opening for a: Junior Technical Superintendent (local contract)
The position is based in Nigeria - Onne/port Harcourt
The TSI-R jr. reports to the Technical Superintendent.
The position will be based in Onne and will be required to travel to other zones within Nigeria and the West Africa region as required.
Reporting to the TSI-R jr as required:
- Base Personnel.
- Vessel Staff – Masters & Chief Engineers.
|Purpose of the position:
To establish and maintain a high standard of control & management of assets and operations throughout the region to include:
To manage and execute running ‘day-to-day’ Maintenance and Repair (M&R) activities of assigned vessels within the time-frame and budget as set, in order to maintain technical status and maximize uptime of SL’s fleet.
To include but not limited to:
- Actively promotes SHEQ awareness and monitors performance in order to ensure safety standards and safe working practices: leads ‘by example’.
- Executes and coordinates ‘day-to-day’ M&R activities (mainly preventive) of vessel to maintain the technical status of the vessel and to prevent downtime.
- Guides crew on board of the vessels to ensure that Companies standards are met and that work is done as per the guidelines and specifications.
- Ensures that M&R activities are registered in the Maintenance Management System.
- Investigates and analyses causes of defects, takes corrective and preventive actions, in consultation with the TSI-R if and when required.
- Visits and inspects each of their vessels once per quarter, conducts vessels inspections and surveys on a regular bases and reports on the technical status of the vessels to the TSI-R.
- Updates and maintains the repair lists of assigned vessels based on outcome of surveys and running M&R activities, in order to provide a complete work scope for the planned M&R.
- Arranges statutory surveys with Classification authorities and maintains the vessels up to the respective Class standards.
- Ensures full compliance of vessel certifications according to statutory and Class requirements.
- At least an educational background on Higher Professional Education (technical/nautical)
- Experience on sea as a chief engineer or as a 2nd engineer and in possession of the appropriate certificates.
- Other requirements: analytical thinking, flexibility, good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluent in English.
|Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations.
Method of Application
To apply for this job, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Smit LamnalcoSimilar Jobs
- Enviromental Officer at an Oil and Gas Firm - BeaconGate Limited
- Lubricants Distribution Manager at Orion Group
- Forte Oil Plc Recruiting for Project Engineers
- Job Openings at an Oil and Gas Firm
- Latest Vacancies at Turbo Energy Nigeria Limited
- Well Servicing/Coil Tubing Field Supervisor, Services at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Finance Manager at WTS Energy
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)