Oracle - Provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems and work with all 100 of the Fortune 100.
Go ahead, amaze us. When you provide the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems and work with all 100 of the Fortune 100, you have pretty high standards. That's why at Oracle, we seek only the top sales talent to join our team. In return, we provide the opportunity for you to showcase your talent as you enjoy the rewards of selling technology that is the envy of the industry. Join us and be part of the best sales force in the business.
Change is good. This change is even better. If you feel like you've hit the ceiling of your current job, join the company whose potential is virtually limitless. Oracle is the global leader in advanced business software, hardware and middleware solutions. In fact, we help drive the success of all 100 companies in the Fortune 100. If you're a highly ambitious sales professional looking for more from your career, we'd like to help drive your success too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Processes and invoices customer orders in accordance with agreed contracts. Monitors contract and business terms to mitigate Oracle's risk.
As a member of Contract Management you will assist customers, both internal and external, with license contract interpretation, negotiations and administration of licensing agreements including extensions, new business, invoicing, credit holds, receivable issues and consolidations. Draft and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts. Act as a liaison between consultants, Credit, License, Tax, Business Practices, Revenue accounting, and customers to resolve contractual and consulting business issues. Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracle*s Business Practices and Consulting Business Approvals/Process while maintaining customer satisfaction and responsiveness. Submit contract order packages to Revenue accounting for order processing and project funding. Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure customer orders are processed efficiently. Prepare contract status reports.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical communication skills. Organized, detail oriented, and time management skills. Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial, federal, state, and/or local government contracts. Ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines. Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS. Proficient in Email, MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of Oracle policies and procedures desired. 5 year experience in contracts, purchasing, or equivalent. BA/BS degree, Paralegal Certification or equivalent years of experience. Prior experience in high tech industry preferred.
1. Project manager lead of contracting process for deals meeting regional criteria for Deal Manager engagement
2. Provide expert advice to sales to ensure the successful administration of complex non-standard business deals
3. In support of sales leadership, and only as needed, coordinate the engagement of functional stakeholders (Legal, RevRec, Quoting, Credit, LMS, OSS, OFD, HQ etc) including international.
4. Assist sales in identifying language approval issues, the relevant approver, and alternative approaches
5. Provide support to sales on customer negotiations of business terms for standard deals
6. Adhere to the agreed rules of engagements between Deal Management and all other Oracle groups (e.g., Legal,RevRec)
7. May provide deal support beyond the boundaries of a region or country responsibilities.
The Deal Manager is the project manager for the deal contracting process, and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the contracts process for strategic transactions ensuring consistency with Oracle strategy,commitments and goals. The Deal Manager engages legal for complex contracting requirements and defers to their direction in complex contracting scenarios. Sales owns the deal, customer negotiations, the executive summary document and is the project sponsor. The Deal Manager works proactively with sales and functional stakeholders to develop a realistic close plan for each deal.
The close plan will identify key milestones and potential issues:
• proactive management to the close plan, facilitating involvement and commitment from all parties until the process has concluded.
• anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure complex transactions are processed efficiently.
• provide expert guidance to sales on Oracle policies, as they relate to specific contract terms in a current deal
• be an expert on standard and the allowed exceptions.
• possess the ability to articulate the rationale behind Oracle policy and contract terms to sales internally, as well as, in negotiations with customers.
• know when to defer to functional stakeholders during negotiations with customers.
The Deal Manager will:
• Ensure all contract terms have been appropriately approved by Oracle and reflect all negotiated commitments (this may include drafting)
• Review contract drafts prior to release
• Review agreements for egregious and non-standard terms
• Ensure post signature processes reflect contract terms
• Other deal specific responsibilities deemed appropriate by Oracle management.
• Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills in high demanding sales environment
• Ability to use analytical skills to find solutions to complex business issues
• Ability to keep up with constant changes to products,policies, procedures, and people
• Ability to work independently, use sound judgment, and remain calm under pressure
• Ability to work well with, as well as lead, multiple organizations in a team environment
• Excellent knowledge of revenue recognition, business practices, and contracting policies
• University degree with contracts and/or business background
• Work experience: 5+ years
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.