Eaton is a power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. A global technology leader, Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in November 2012. The 2012 revenue of the combined companies was $21.8 billion on a pro forma basis. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Power Distribution Component Sales Specialist will be responsible for the generation of PDC sales and have the functional experience to produce sales growth in the area of accountability, in line with the Company’s goals and objectives.
• Assume responsibility for assigned accounts/territories and promote and execute the sale of company products and systems.
• Grow Eaton business and expand customer base by identifying potential customers/markets and developing appropriate strategies to take advantage of new business opportunities.
• Develop contacts with appropriate customer personnel to determine requirements, present product and technical information and to establish a strong business relationship leading to Eaton Power Distribution products becoming the preferred power solutions.
• Participate in determining and negotiating sales contract terms and conditions advising sales management of significant market, business, and competitor factors influencing sales commitments.
• Make calls at scheduled frequency to ensure that a high level of service is maintained and no business opportunities are missed.
• Investigate and analyze customer problems and needs, recommend solutions applying company products and systems, ensuring that the Company’s profit margin goals are achieved.
• Co-operate with Customer Service personnel and other internal functions to ensure that commitments to customers are met in a professional, timely and qualitative manner.
• Provide management with detailed pertinent information on factors affecting the company business, such as market trends, competitive activities, potential sales and the like.
• Represent the Company in a professional and ethical manner, with integrity and trust and with personal presentation and behavior beyond reproach.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures at all times.
• Ability to apply proven sales methodology and techniques.
• Ability to identify customer solutions linking product/ solution to customer needs.
• Ability to identify new business pipeline opportunities.
• Manager these pipeline opportunities and inspect these opportunities regularly; accelerates sales campaigns.
• Has the ability to develop skills in two way discussion with customers to work collaboratively towards common goals
• Builds rapport to develop a comfortable open dialog to foster candid communication.
• Builds and account plan and develop and opens business with new key accounts, works and promotes a collaborative style with all Eaton sales channels
• Gather relevant facts, competitive information and industry data needed to analyse sale opportunities and an ability to apply Eaton solution via CRM tool.
• Utilizes active listen and questioning techniques to determine business opportunities.
• Understands customer needs and is proactive in responding to customer request.
• Ability to close the sales.
• An ability to build mutual trust with customer’s and conduct business ethically.
• Attain sales volumes as per assigned quota.
• To maintain and grow customer installed base with new and existing products
• An accredited Engineering university degree with 5+ years’ of technical sales experience directly related to power quality, most especially in UPS and inverter systems. Equivalent knowledge and experience in similar industry may be considered.
• Understanding of customers and/or distributors business, where applicable, in order to assist them in the sales, service and inventory of our products.
• Excellent communication skills are required and the ability to speak the predominant business language of the area is an advantage.
• Presentation skills
• Gathering, evaluating, and forecasting of power marketing data for Eaton and competitor products.
• French and Portuguese language skills a benefit
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.