Nutrition Programme Manager at Save the Children
Posted on: 18 August, 2011
Deadline: 1 September, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children (UK) has been working in Nigeria since 2001. Save the Children is working in several states: Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi, Kaduna and others - focusing on child survival, nutrition, education and protecting children. As the world's leading independent children's charity, Save the Children inspires dramatic change for children around the globe. And Nigeria is one of five priority countries for the Alliance popular campaign in child survival. We are looking for an experienced staff to support the implementation of the organization's programme across the country.
Nutrition Programme Manager
The Nutrition Programme Manager will lead on developing, managing and monitoring the implementation of an integrated programme to reduce malnutrition in Northern Nigeria in four core elements:
1. Process the prevention, management and integration of severe acute malnutrition into the health system.
2. Run the nutrition sites in the focus Local Government Authorities (LGAs).
3. Run the community component of the programme and
4. Raise the profile of nutrition in the Child Survival/Every One Campaign.
The candidate will be accountable for the project development, implementation and management, coordination and strategic development, staff management and development, organisation representation, advocacy and knowledge management. S/he must possess a postgraduate degree in Public Health Nutrition or equivalent, a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in nutrition programme management (including CTC/CMAM /IMAM programme and strategies to prevent malnutrition) in the context of international development or emergencies in low- or middle-income countries. Expertise of technical issues around policy and programming to support the integrated treatment of acute malnutrition within health systems is essential. It is desirable for the candidate to possess an understanding of food security and livelihoods programmes, social relations and commitment to integrate gender, diversity and other related issues into programme activities.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To view the full job description and apply for this position, applicants should please refer to Save the Children's recruitment website at: http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/jobs.htm.
Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunity at Africa Power and Development Advisors (APDA) - PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Job Vacancy at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Jobs at ZOA International
- Job Vacancy at CBM International
- Sales Vacancies at DKT International
- Job Opportunity at LYFE
- Engineering Jobs at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria