Team Lead, IN/ Prepaid Engineer at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 3 July, 2014
Deadline: 14 July, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
- Liaise with Tele-Traffic, Pre-Paid Support, CPG, units where required
- Contribute critical inputs relating to Hardware dimensioning and capacity planning during budget cycles
- Develop impact analysis prior to introduction of IN impacting products/services/technology
- Coordinate the IN/prepaid Engineers to ensure effective technical feasibility studies and impact analysis for new features and services within the IN environment.
- Supervise network architecture and topology planning strategies and provide service capability for IN/Prepaid deployments.
- Supervise and justify the timely provisioning of Network capacity for all the IN, Charging System (CS) 3.0 Nodes, features, and protocols.
- Supervise the IN/Prepaid network architecture/topology planning to sustain the growth of the IN in terms of traffic, subscribers and value added service capacity.
- Perform technical investigations into issues related to IN design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, and charging impact of new technologies (GPRS, EDGE, WIMAX, SIGTRAN).
- Identify new software requirements and participate in developing specifications for all custom software tools.
- Evaluate the functionality and relevance of new IN/Prepaid feature deliveries and correction packages.
- Supervise and maintain processes for IN/Prepaid Tele-Traffic analysis for efficient network modeling and hardware dimensioning.
- Coordinate and provide end-to-end integration plan and input requirements for deployment of new Prepaid/IN Nodes.
- Supervise the update, review of Network architecture/topology and IN documents
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours/weekends
- Working in an open plan office
Minimum qualification: BSc in any discipline
- At Least 4 years experience in GSM environment, with emphasis on IN operations and planning
- Experience in interfacing with vendors and equipment suppliers
- Experience in multi-vendor network operations
- Experience in interpreting and aligning different vendors’ network/product roadmap towards delivering MTNN’s business goals
- Project Management Methodology experience
- CS 3.0 System Administration
- UNIX Sun Solaris System Admin
- Oracle and Sybase Relational Database
- AXE Intelligent network overview
- GSM Network Planning-Core Network
- GSM Mobile Soft Switch (MSS)
- GSM Network Planning- Node HW Dimensioning
- New technologies seminar / training
- Project Management Methodology
- Network Management Tools
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Product Manager at Civic Innovation Lab
- Content Intern at Panacea Digital Library
- Head, Sales and Marketing at Worldbay Technologies Limited
- Digital Marketer at Eduspace Limited
- IT Sales Officer at VDT Communications Limited
- Latest Jobs at Passnownow.com
- Content Provider/Writer at ZACRAC
- Operations Manager (Insurance) at Stresert Services Limited