The Delta State University, Abraka, was established by law which came into force on the 2nd day of January, 1992. The University was established, among other objectives, to encourage the advancement of learning throughout Delta State, Nigeria and the world at large and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed or sex, the opportunity of acquiring a liberal education. The University is located at Abraka with two other campuses at Asaba and Oleh. The University offers Degree, Certificate and Diploma courses in almost all fields of learning.
Qualified and interested applicants are hereby invited to apply for the vacant post of Vice- Chancellor, Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria:
- Subject to the provisions of the University law, the Vice-Chancellor shall in relation to the University, take precedence over all other members of the University except the Chancellor and the Pro-Chancellor.
- Subject to the provisions of the University law, the Vice-Chancellor shall have the general function, in addition to any other responsibilities conferred upon him by the University law, of directing the activities of the University and shall be the Chief executive and academic officer of the University and chairman of the Senate.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicants shall be persons not below the rank of a Professor of not less than 10 years standing, and with cognate experience in University Administration and Management.
- The person must show evidence of academic leadership and sound scholarship by way of research and publications. The applicant shall be a person of rounded character and personality, an active Professor, well-exposed and detribalized, versatile in international relations, and able to command National and International respect.
- Applicants should be conversant with University business particularly in the academic world, and have flair for Principles that could guarantee academic standards of staff and students in reaching out for excellence.
- Applicants must understand the academic and the national objectives of Universities.
- Applicants must be of good health.
- Applicants should be ICT compliant.
Method of Application
1.) Applicants should submit Thirty-Five (35) copies each of application letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in an envelope marked "Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor 2014".
2.) The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of applicant in full, surname first;
- Post desired;
- Date and place of Birth;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic/Professional qualifications obtained (with dates and locations);
- Name(s) and address(es) of previous employers, stating status;
- Name and address(es) of present Employer, post, date and salary;
- Research Journals/Book publications
- Administrative experience
- Academic distinctions/special awards (if any);
- Administrative exposure/knowledge background.
- Extra Curricular activities
- Names and addresses of Three (3) Referees (at least one of the Referees should be in a position to supply Academic/Professional reference).
Applicants should request their referees to forward their recommendations to:
The Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council,
Delta State University,
- All applications with all the necessary documents attached should reach the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Delta State University, Abraka not later than the stated closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview at a later date.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale