Procurement Manager at Weco Systems International Limited
Posted on: 3 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Weco Systems International Limited
WECO Systems International - As a Systems Integration company, our job revolves around helping companies to navigate through their maze of requirements and options by designing and implementing technology solutions that consider these disparate systems and deliver the best available functionality.
- The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing and expediting the procurement procedure in the organization.
- The Procurement Manager must ensure that request and orders are achieved and delivered timely.
- The Procurement Manager should also search and purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible purchase cost for the organization.
- The Procurement Manager would also be responsible for evaluating suppliers based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability, and selection variety
- The Procurement Manager must be able to verify, track and account for all materials or merchandise involved with sustaining the operation of the WECO's business
The key roles of the Procurement Manager includes but are not limited to :
- The general duties of a Procurement Manager are to coordinate activities of personnel engaged in contract negotiation, buying and selling of equipment materials and services.
- Take responsibility for the shipping process which includes acquisition of equipment (either locally or internationally), scheduling physical movement of materials from store to destination, overseeing operation of shipping depots and storage facilities, monitoring all in-transit tracking methods, supervising all personnel involved in the shipping process and reconciling and reporting all related activities to Management
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions
- Implement procurement strategies and policies.
- Forecast procurement needs.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Lead the procurement group in all phases.
- Identify and develop training opportunities for the procurement team.
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations.
- Maintain procurement files.
- Track Purchasing activity and measurements.
- Training Procurement Officers in the department.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business.
- HND/Degree qualification required
Method of Application
Interested applicants should please send updated copies of their resume to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Weco Systems International LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at E-Terra Technologies Limited
- IT Interns at HollaTags Limited
- Graduate Data Analysts Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- IT Officer/ Network Administrator at ASA Advance Tech Limited
- Job Openings at eHealth Africa (eHA)
- Help Desk Support Trainees at Tranter IT Infrastructure Services Limited
- Internship Opportunity at Tranter IT Infrastructure Services Limited