Med-Pharm Nigeria is one of Nigeria's foremost Integrative Pharmacy, the fastest growing pharmacy chain in Nigeria with various outlets nationwide. Since 1996, we have been committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health & vitality.
As we expand our frontiers to redefine the world of health in Nigeria, we are looking for amazing and smart people who will roll up their sleeves and share our passion & success, people who will join our team of highly motivated professionals who get the job done.
Med-Pharm Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Pharmacists are health professionals who, in addition to dispensing prescription medication to patients, also provide information about the drugs their doctors have ordered for them. They explain doctors' instructions to patients so that these individuals can use these medications safely and effectively.
- Being able to create systems to analyze information.
- Having high attention to details.
- Being able to supervise staff members.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being able to maintain quality and safety standards.
- Having technical skills.
- Being able to motivate others.
- Having knowledge of patient history and care charts.
- Having knowledge of policies and regulations about pharmaceutical drugs.
- Being able to use software applications related to this field.
- Process prescriptions and dispersing medication.
- Communicate with prescribers. Any time a prescription order is unclear or potentially harmful for a patient, you need to confirm the dosage and formulation (e.g., liquid or tablet), as well as whether brand name product is required or if you can substitute a generic equivalent
- Ensure patients' safety. Check each patient’s medication record every time he or she gets a new or refill prescription filled. This is the best way for a pharmacist to prevent potentially dangerous interactions between drugs.
- Counsel patients. This involves more than informing about adverse reactions and interactions with other medications, food, alcohol and other beverages. Counselling includes training patients on how and when to take doses, following up with patients to see if medications are working, sharing tips on how to minimize side effects while maximizing benefits and listening to all of a patient's concerns.
- Work with patients on general health.
- Maintain health requires more than taking prescription medications, Pharmacists can help patients heal and avoid getting sick by sharing advice on using non-prescription remedies, taking health supplements such as vitamins, using herbal and natural health products, exercising and maintaining a good diet.
- Deal with insurance companies. Pharmacists working in chain and independent pharmacies, especially, have to submit insurance claims and work with private insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid to ensure payment, and resolve coverage denials so patients do not go with medications.
- Recruiting, Training and Managing staff. Pharmacists have the ultimate responsibility for ensuring the “three Rs” of right drug, right patient and right dose are rightly observed. Meeting this responsibility requires overseeing the work of and mentoring pharmacy technicians, student interns and residents. Pharmacy owners and supervisors also have responsibilities for making hiring decisions and setting and enforcing workplace policies.
- Perform administrative tasks. Everyone in a pharmacy has some responsibilities for keeping patient files up to date, making sure needed products are stocked and required reports get generated and filed.
- Educate health provider colleagues, doctors, nurses and other health care providers about new medications and drug therapy protocols.
- Keeping statistical and financial records.
- B.Sc in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biochemistry or any other relevant discipline
- Entry level experience required
- Candidates should be tech savvy and computer literate
- Candidates should possess good communication skills
- Candidates should be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Age range (21-40);
Salary range (120,000-140,000)
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org and be prepared for an interview invite at short notice.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.