Internal Control Officer - Wealth House at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Posted on: 2 July, 2014
Deadline: 14 July, 2014
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Stanbic IBTC
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job ID: 12647
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Responsible for assisting in and/or performing assessment of risks and internal controls within the company in line with the Company’s risk based control assessment approach. Other responsibilities include assisting with executing Internal Controls procedures designed to support the business.
- Provide assurance that processes and procedures are complied with so as to avoid operational losses.
- Provide assurance that controls are in place and are effective and adequate and make recommendations where necesary
- Track resolution of all audit / control recommendations and ensure compliance within agreed timeline.
- Review daily financial Control postings and transactions and ensure all transactions are posted accurately.
- Review daily petty cash transactions and ensure proper authorizations were obtained and all monies collected were retired within approved time frame.
- Carry out daily bank reconciliation review for all Company and Funds Accounts.
- Assist in developing strong Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for providing responses for all audit./ account confirmation requests .
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline
- A recognized professional qualification in Accounting i.e. ICAN ACA or ACCA
- Competent Microsoft Office skills.
- Required to use initiative, be creative and smart in resolving problems
- Must have a very strong passion for reading and study
- Meticulous, with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Enjoys a fast pace, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented work environment.
- Honesty, integrity and commitment to goals and values of the organization
- Good numerical ability
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stanbic IBTCSimilar Jobs
- Fund Manager at AT&A Asset Management Limited
- Scrum Master at a Leading Nigerian Bank - Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
- Head Of Internal Operations at a Non-Banking Financial Organisation - Fadac Resources
- HR Assistant at Crossover Microfinance Bank
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)
- 2018 Graduate Internship Program at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Jobs at Arkounting Business Concepts Limited