The Clean Business Practice Initiative (“CBPI”), which was adopted in June 2013 by Nigeria’s Honorary International Investors Council, is a private sector-driven anti-corruption initiative that seeks to complement the government’s efforts in fighting corruption in Nigeria. CBPI will be a multi-industry organization that seeks to encourage businesses operating in Nigeria to adopt sustainable principles of accountability and transparency to counter corruption.
CBPI will develop a membership based and action oriented framework that will drive clean business practices amongst members with the goal of leveling the playing field in trade, commerce & industry by building integrity into key institutions, systems and processes.
Clean Business Practice Initiative (“CBPI”) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Reports To: Clean Business Practice Initiative, Board of Directors
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”), who will report to the Board of’ Directors, will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing the objectives of the Clean Business Practice Initiative (“CBPI”). The CEO shall provide strategic leadership for the implementation of the long term vision, strategies, plans and policies of the CBPI and shall be ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions needed to implement the organization’s goals as may be approved from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Lead, in conjunction with the board, the development and implementation of the organization’s goals, objectives and strategic plans, while exploring growth opportunities and identifying key risks and success factors.
- Liaise periodically with board committee members to execute on strategic board projects.
- Promote an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission of the CBPI and promotes principles of transparency, accountability, collaboration, teamwork, and a common organizational vision.
- Ensure that the organization is appropriately staffed with the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it maintain an efficient and effective workforce.
- Conceptualize, draft and publicize thought leadership in the broad areas of the organization’s mission; circulate amongst the stakeholders, including the general public and corporate / non-corporate national and regional constituencies. Collaborate with key stakeholder groups, including: the government, private sector leaders, media, civil society and the relevant international multi-lateral agencies in implanting the nationwide strategy.
- Prepare periodic reports and briefs to the Board.
- Raise the visibility of the organization through the development and implementation of a sustainable awareness campaign whilst ensuring responsible media coverage.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a robust and transparent membership recruitment strategy from the private sector.
- Ensure that the expenditures of the organization are within the authorized annual budget.
- Ensure the integrity of all public disclosure by the organization.
- Develop a strong base of volunteers and- membership.
- Each applicant must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed University or College. An advanced degree in the field of business, corporate governance or any related discipline will be preferred.
- At least 15 years’ of commercial experience. At a minimum, seven of these years should be in a managerial role that is focused on anti-corruption, ethics, compliance and/or governance.
- Prior nonprofit sector experience favorable.
- Significant and proven leadership skills and experience. Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, communication, administration and personnel management skill is essential.
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively and inclusively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions.
- Highly capable of providing constructive and productive feedback on a regular basis. Sets team members up for success, that advances broader skill sets and goals.
- ‘Can-Do’ attitude with willingness to develop foundational understanding and solutions.
- Fluency in English language is required.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should forward only their Curriculum Vitae/Resume indicating the position as the subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale