Reserve Brand Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 2 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guiness Nigeria Plc - We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Reference: 42121BR
Level: L5 M1
Reporting to : Head of Reserve
- Diageo is a leading premium drinks company whose success is built by the marketing & sales of its spirits, Packaged Beer, RTD Ready to Drink & draught brands. It’s a consumer led organization with a marketing & innovation department in excess of 40 people.
- This role is a significant marketing role within DIAGEO Nigeria, reporting into the Head of Reserve for Reserve in Nigeria
- Diageo’s Portfolio is supported by 3 discrete commercial models (Guinness Nigeria, DBN diageo Brand Nigeria and Reserve Brands) This role leads the Marketing of the Reserve Brands model side by side with the Reserve Business development manager
- Whilst the role will report into Head of reserve, its scope will include activation via the on-premise sales team. It is a more general management/commercial & trade-facing role than a traditional Brand Management role given the critical importance of building customer knowledge and loyalty to our Luxury Brands.
- Complexity in this role comes from;
- Working as an influential leader on a large and developing priority in the business
- Managing & prioritising a large portfolio of luxury brands across sub categories
- Building our footprint in Reserve, creating continuous step change in the business model to be able to offer our luxury brands to our priority customers in order to beat the competition.
- Leading the organisation in premiumisation through every sub-category, embedding brand passion, product knowledge/expertise.
- Managing a complex supply chain across long lead times and multiple origins
- Working with local Brand teams to coordinate our approach on super premium brands
- Developing great relationships with internal and external stakeholders (trade gurus and influencers)
- Ruthless focus on business performance – At all times knowing and developing the business insight and growth drivers capable of accelerating growth
- High levels of emotional energy in setting and delivering the strategic and brand building agenda for Reserve
- Creating world class marketing, agency capabilities & relationships
- Effectively manage key stakeholder relationships – Brand ambassadors, PR and trade agencies, global Reserve Brand Team, internal BU and functional teams
- Commercial and customer expertise, which unlocks growth.
- External ambassador for Diageo
- Role model Reserve/luxury goods approach
Purpose of the Role
- Develop the Diageo Reserve Brands Business model and lead the implementation of the Reserve Brands strategy in Nigeria
- Top 3 accountabilities
- Overall delivery of the numbers on Reserve (Share, Distribution, vol, NSV Net Sales Value, GP Gross Profit, CAAPContribution after advertising and Promotion)
- Leading the development of luxury business in Diageo Australia
- Recruitment and Management of local Reserve team including Brand ambassadors
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive relevant experience including 7 or more years in a functional marketing role in FMCG or similar. Commercial experience strong advantage (Sales experience in on-premise alcohol preferred)
- Passion for luxury goods marketing and understanding of marketing principles in this area (experience in luxury industry preferred)
- Good understanding of PR Public Relations and a love for networking
- Proven track record in building and defining brands, and ideally managing a large number of projects/brands at one time
- Strategic thinking/ability to turn strategy into action
- Superior presentation and communication skills
Based in Lagos, Nigeria (head office)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Guinness Nigeria PlcSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Executive Assistant to MD, NASCON at Dangote Group
- 2017 Graduate Customer Service Representative at Dangote Group
- Senior Business Development Officer at JMG
- Job Openings at Dow
- Job Opportunities at Mambila Beverages Nigeria Limited
- Sales Vacancy at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Engineering Job Opportunity at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Vacancy at Perfetti Van Melle