The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Cultural Affairs Assistant in the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
Basic Function of the Position:
Under the Supervisor of the Public Diplomacy Officer, (Lagos PDO), provide program support to academic programs such the Fulbright junior Staff Development (JSD) Program, Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program, Fulbright Science and Technology Award Program, Fulbright Visiting Specialists Program, and serve as the person responsible for outreach to Muslim and other religious communities, for youth engagement initiatives and organizational work on all alumni programs for both academic and non-academic programs.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion in the application letter or the application will not be considered.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Law, Communications, Social Sciences, Language, or Sciences is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible program administration experience is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Level IV (fluent) knowledge of Yoruba is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of international education exchange regulations, procedure and correspondence format is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Nigerian government institutions, policies, education system and media is required.
- Ability to plan, schedule and manage a variety of activities with multiples deadlines is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: Or – Ordinarily Resident–N3,810,106 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor - Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM - US$45,185, EFM/MOH – US$38,779 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale