SkyWest Airlines is a North American airline owned by SkyWest, Inc. and headquartered in St. George, Utah, USA. SkyWest however, operates on a global airline level. SkyWest Airlines flies to 480 cities, in 41 countries; China, seven south American countries and five countries in Africa and the Middle-East, etc. The airline serves as a feeder airline, operating under contract with various major carriers. It flies as SkyWest Airlines in a partnership with Alaska Airlines, as United Express on behalf of United Airlines, as US Airways Express on behalf of US Airways, as Delta Connection on behalf of Delta Air Lines, and as American Eagle on behalf of American Airlines.
SkyWest Airlines is recruiting to fill the position of:
To ensure database and all IT tools are working effectively.
- Manage and maintain company's IT Infrastructure, including hardware, operating systems, networks, applications etc.
- Install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
- Provide first hand user support e.g. setting up new user accounts and user profiles and dealing with password changes, resolving day-to-day staff IT complaints and issues using standard troubleshooting techniques.
- Act as technical consultant in house and to our clients.
- Design, develop, and manage database.
- Ensure proper security of all databases and their respective database management systems in accordance with security policies and procedures.
- Control and manage database configuration including installing and upgrading software.
- Analyze and resolve database system production problems, including the analysis of user requirements and statistics.
- Liaise with external IT consultants in the roll-out of new applications as well as provision of second level IT support.
- Website management.
- To train staff on usage of IT tools.
- Significant experience wish network technologies, including local-area network (LAN) protocols, wide-area network (WAN) protocols, IP routing and DMS.
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related technical or business field with a minimum division of 2:1 (second class upper honors)
- A master's degree and certificate or Diploma in Database or Computer Science. Microsoft Certification (or related Certification) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years' experience.
- Proficient in the use of Oracle, Java, SQL and other related applications.
- Highly Skillful in the use of computers and Internet navigation.
- Excellent Skills in Document production, including letter drafting ability and Filing Management.
- Proficiency as well as consistency in the management of admin related tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good organizational communication ability.
- High motivation and dedicated efforts to work towards the maintenance of clean and clear environment in the office surroundings.
- Ability to work independently,
- Great mathematical skills,
- An eye for detail, and
- Ability to work under pressure
- Programming and application development
- Project management
- Help desk/Technical support.
go to method of application »
SkyWest Customer Service ticket and gate agents are responsible for ticketing and re-booking passengers, boarding flights, assisting passengers with special needs, resolving customer concerns and other duties as assigned. Customer Service ticket and gate agents interact directly with our customers and should represent SkyWest’s professional and positive image at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and assist all customers in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner
- Present a professional and positive image of SkyWest Airlines
- Provide check-in assistance, ticketing changes, re-booking of itineraries and special service requests for passengers
- Check and accept passenger baggage
- Board/deplane flights and escort passengers to and from aircraft as needed, includes pushing wheelchairs and assisting other passengers with additional needs
- Comply with all safety procedures and airline policies
- Provide accurate gate, flight arrival and departure information, as well as answer general inquires
- Assist unaccompanied minors and passengers with special needs, resolve customer concerns and perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain thorough knowledge of policies and processes pertaining to unaccompanied minors, law enforcement officers, hazmat, airfreight acceptance and other regulatory requirements
- Provide clear and accurate communication to passengers, agents, flight crews and vendors
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of SSCE
- 1-3 years of experience
- Good communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.