PIEACH Limited was established in 1997. We are a firm of architects, interior designers, and supporting staff. Our award-winning firm is a full service Architectural and Interior Architectural design practice providing project planning, restorations, renovations, additions, and the design of new buildings for private and commercial residential units, educational, religious, and the hospitality industry.
Pieach Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
You will be responsible for conducting architectural studies, developing design concepts and design criteria, and preparing reports, calculations, and detailed design and construction drawings. Also are involved in the signing and sealing of plans, obtaining permits for construction, and the review of plans and specifications submitted by consultants and contractors.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Conducts preliminary field surveys; develops designs and drafts preliminary plans for buildings and facilities.
- Prepares maps, sketches, working drawings and construction plans; prepares cost estimates, specifications and bid proposals for contract.
- Participate in the presentation of plans to governing and permitting authorities for land use, zoning and permit approvals.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Inspect and supervises the inspection of construction projects while in progress and upon completion for adherence to plans and specification; advises contractors on the interpretation of plans and specifications; approves minor designs changes in the course of the construction; reviews contractors’ requests for payment.
- Conducts research and special studies pertaining to buildings and facilities development and maintenance; prepares reports and recommendations for the review of a superior.
- Provides technical advice to administrative superiors in the development and negotiation of plans and specifications for building and facilities construction.
- Carry assignments to completion with considerable independence in accordance with project objectives, professional standards, and policies and procedures.
- Prepares materials, writes construction specifications, and prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Extracts engineering and estimating information from drawings
- Prepares and issues drawing packages after approvals.
- Make quantity take – offs for construction estimates.
- May supervise subordinate personnel in preparing plans, specifications and preliminary construction layout and cost estimate.
Education: Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Architecture or Environmental Design.
Experience: Incumbent generally has 1 -3 years of experience as an architect with atleast one years of Architectural internship experience. Some field experience required.
Skills: Functional and Technical Skills, Action Oriented, Thoroughness, Innovation, demonstrated AUTOCAD, REVIT and Corel Draw competency is a MUST.
go to method of application »
- The following is a list of general responsibilities for this position. It is understood that these general responsibilities are not inclusive of all the duties that this position requires, but instead, are intended as a general scope of work.
- Attend and document initial Client Development meetings. Acquire general information required to establish type, expectations, and scope of work/criteria for the intended project
- Proceed with research, programming and preliminary Schematic Design to set the direction for the Project.
- Develop an Architectural program defining the scope of the Project and determine major interior functions within the schematic footprint of the physical building in relationship with the available site and its existing characteristics, utilities, etc.
- Establish requirements and schedules for the public agency review process, and procure all documentation available regarding all utilities and applicable Planning, Zoning, and Government Agencies.
- Format and produce Schematic Design/Design Development presentation drawings to meet Owner requirements for financing, approval and as required for public agency review.
- Define Architectural requirements and schedule of submittals, shop drawings, and samples to be submitted for Architectural approval with the Project Manager.
- Work with Project Manager and Project Superintendent throughout the development and coordination of specifications and working drawings to keep communications current relative to Project budget, schedule, and contracting.
- Prepare Architectural Punch list upon substantial completion and/or opening of Project for review and implementation by Project Manager and Construction Superintendent.
- Other duties may be assigned, if deemed necessary, by the Company.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a group and independently
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Team player, self-starter, results-oriented
- 2 or more years of verifiable work experience in Commercial Architecture
Education: Bachelor’s and /or Master’s degree in Civil Engineer. JCP building form of contract required.
Experience: 3-5 years of verifiable work experience in Commercial Architecture. Field experience required.
go to method of application »
Prepares Architectural plans by drawing structural and functional components.
- Produce working and detail drawings for construction.
- Prepares final drawings by studying architectural sketches, specifications, and supporting documents; preparing drawings of the structural system.
- Modifies drawings by studying changes; redrawing requirements; changing identifications.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information; conferring with architects.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must be able to translate concepts on to paper and to visualize things in three-dimensional terms.
Qualifications Skills/Qualifications: Drafting, Drafting Tools, Design Skills, Conceptual Skills, Presentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Data Entry Skills, Functional and Technical Skills, Action Oriented, Thoroughness, Innovation, AUTOCAD is a MUST.
Education: OND and HND degree in Architecture
Experience: Incumbent generally has 3 or more years experience with an established Architectural firm
go to method of application »
- You will be responsible for design development and creating full set of working drawings for projects.
- The nature of the projects creates a dynamic, fast-paced working environment which will allow you to work with like minded individuals to develop your skills and further your career.
- The ability to integrate well within a team and a passion for all types of projects are important in order to succeed in the role.
- The successful incumbent demonstrates exceptional organizational and technical skills in Building Code and AutoCAD.
- Must be a Progressive thinker with the desire to progress in their career.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are working towards becoming fully registered architects.
Education: Architectural technology diploma or University Degree
Experience: Incumbent generally has 2 years of experience working on projects.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CVs to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.