Business Development Manager at Stresert Services Limited
Posted on: 2 July, 2014
Deadline: 12 July, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited - Our Client focuses on bespoke customer projects, providing a holistic, efficient solution. This quality solution utilises energy-saving and environment-preserving power systems that often deliver both heat and electrical power. With the current market dynamics, embedded generation has become a key focus area to enhance penetration, hence this vacancy.
Responsible to: General Manager –Sales
The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated Business Development Manager who will develop the Nigerian IPP market.
- Strategise penetration into IPP market segment with special emphasis on Embedded Power Generation with Discos.
- Lead and develop sales in Nigeria in alignment with the Sales Manager and Company’s strategy, this position reports to the Sales Manager.
- Develop a strategy for turnkey projects based on clients gas generator sets, to include but not be limited to Cogeneration for Industrial, commercial and industrial projects Prime power for island mode.
- Develop customers and projects including securing orders for hand over to project department for implementation, assist with development of implementation and support strategy including identifying, suitable sub-contractors etc.
- Manage customer relationships and ability to close sales.
- Maintain links with major clients and national accounts to maximize prospects.
- Prepare timely and professional sales presentation material
- Plan and prioritize resources and sales activity to meet Sales Plan.
- Aim towards market segmentation and customer segmentation also responsible to develop sales plan.
- Responsible to prioritise customers and communicate value propositions and follow up till closure.
- Should have good selling skills.
Key Skill Sets
- Sales oriented mindset
- Time management and result oriented skills.
- Manpower management and leadership skills
- Financial prudence
- Very good operational and organizational Skills.
- Communicate on all levels – interpersonal skills
- Alongside this technical aptitude, it is essential that the successful individual possess commercial, business development experience. The ability to sell a complete solution including the integration of services is of utmost importance.
- Due to the nature of the BDM role, a hands-on approach and willingness to travel within Nigeria is essential.
- IPP market in Nigeria – Experience of working with Discos is mandatory
- Minimum qualifications include a relevant degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or similar from an internationally recognized university.
- B.E / B.Tech Mechanical/ Electrical with a minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience
- Strong technical knowledge in Power Sector.
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role in a large or medium sized company ideally within Nigeria or within a similar challenging environment.
Knowledge and Training
- MBA or master Degree desirable
- Strong Financial awareness required.
- Computer proficiency is essential
Key Attributes of ideal candidate
- The appointee will be able to demonstrate examples that underpin the clients Values & Behaviours: -
- Honesty & Integrity – an ability to maintain the strictness of confidence, is open, honest and consistent, and has effective listening skills
- Flexibility and adaptability – ability to work under pressure and in a challenging environment
- Team Success – demonstrated ability as a team player, build and maintain relationships
- Proactive and result oriented – very key skill to organisation
- To be innovative - demonstrated ability to think outside the box
- No compromise on quality – ensure high quality standards are maintained
- Management reporting – demonstrated understanding of prompt reporting to management on, projection, cost management initiatives and business developments
- Promoting the companies vision, mission and core values
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and show strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to manage a large work force and understand how to get the best out of people in a challenging environment.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘BDM - IPP’ as the subject of your application. Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Client Service/Social Media Executive at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Brand Ambassador at TalentBase
- Sales Personnel at Doheney Services Ltd
- Economist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Latest Jobs at AFM Recruit
- Job Opening at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Secretariat Administrator at Stresert Services Limited