Stresert Services Limited - Our Client focuses on bespoke customer projects, providing a holistic, efficient solution. This quality solution utilises energy-saving and environment-preserving power systems that often deliver both heat and electrical power. With the current market dynamics, embedded generation has become a key focus area to enhance penetration, hence this vacancy.
Responsible to: General Manager –Sales
The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated Business Development Manager who will develop the Nigerian IPP market.
- Strategise penetration into IPP market segment with special emphasis on Embedded Power Generation with Discos.
- Lead and develop sales in Nigeria in alignment with the Sales Manager and Company’s strategy, this position reports to the Sales Manager.
- Develop a strategy for turnkey projects based on clients gas generator sets, to include but not be limited to Cogeneration for Industrial, commercial and industrial projects Prime power for island mode.
- Develop customers and projects including securing orders for hand over to project department for implementation, assist with development of implementation and support strategy including identifying, suitable sub-contractors etc.
- Manage customer relationships and ability to close sales.
- Maintain links with major clients and national accounts to maximize prospects.
- Prepare timely and professional sales presentation material
- Plan and prioritize resources and sales activity to meet Sales Plan.
- Aim towards market segmentation and customer segmentation also responsible to develop sales plan.
- Responsible to prioritise customers and communicate value propositions and follow up till closure.
- Should have good selling skills.
Key Skill Sets
- Sales oriented mindset
- Time management and result oriented skills.
- Manpower management and leadership skills
- Financial prudence
- Very good operational and organizational Skills.
- Communicate on all levels – interpersonal skills
- Alongside this technical aptitude, it is essential that the successful individual possess commercial, business development experience. The ability to sell a complete solution including the integration of services is of utmost importance.
- Due to the nature of the BDM role, a hands-on approach and willingness to travel within Nigeria is essential.
- IPP market in Nigeria – Experience of working with Discos is mandatory
- Minimum qualifications include a relevant degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or similar from an internationally recognized university.
- B.E / B.Tech Mechanical/ Electrical with a minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience
- Strong technical knowledge in Power Sector.
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role in a large or medium sized company ideally within Nigeria or within a similar challenging environment.
Knowledge and Training
- MBA or master Degree desirable
- Strong Financial awareness required.
- Computer proficiency is essential
Key Attributes of ideal candidate
- The appointee will be able to demonstrate examples that underpin the clients Values & Behaviours: -
- Honesty & Integrity – an ability to maintain the strictness of confidence, is open, honest and consistent, and has effective listening skills
- Flexibility and adaptability – ability to work under pressure and in a challenging environment
- Team Success – demonstrated ability as a team player, build and maintain relationships
- Proactive and result oriented – very key skill to organisation
- To be innovative - demonstrated ability to think outside the box
- No compromise on quality – ensure high quality standards are maintained
- Management reporting – demonstrated understanding of prompt reporting to management on, projection, cost management initiatives and business developments
- Promoting the companies vision, mission and core values
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and show strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to manage a large work force and understand how to get the best out of people in a challenging environment.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to: email@example.com using ‘BDM - IPP’ as the subject of your application. Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.