Finance Vacancy at PwC
Posted on: 1 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
Job Summary & Purpose
To support the growth of Finance and Accounting Practice Group through opportunity assessment and productive development of new clients and portfolio of new projects as well as ensure effectiveness in engagement delivery and practice
• Engages in business development initiatives that will involve identifying appropriate opportunities for the firm and preparing proposals that are consistent with the firm standards
• Manages a portfolio of Finance & Accounting engagements. This will involve planning for assignments, managing the execution of projects profitably and maintaining effective client communication and adhering to assignment delivery requirements. For the assigned portfolios, manage the related net investment in clients to ensure that it is within the set targets.
• Manages a team of employees on each assignment and will be expected to motivate, inspire and appraise team members.
• Undertakes practice management responsibilities within the firm and participate in counseling and mentoring of less experienced staff.
• Contributes to the development of annual plans and budgets for the Finance and
• Accounting solution set to support the achievement of the corporate strategy.
• Makes recommendations to the firm on the formulation of strategic, long-term business plans for F & A.
• Develops and manages relationships with relevant internal and external bodies / contacts e.g. regulatory organisations, standard –setting bodies, clients etc.
• Masters in Business Administration.
• Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Business Administration or related field
• ACA, ACCA.
• 7 years work experience in the Finance/ Treasury/ Accounts function in a reputable organisation with at least 2 years in a managerial role.
Key Skills and competencies
• Strong accounting technical skills
• Strong knowledge of both local (SAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Highly skilled in corporate finance methodologies, financial risk management, forecasting and control
• Good business vision, commercial and technical awareness.
• Good knowledge of best practice finance policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of accounting systems and practices
• Good negotiation skills.
• Interpersonal and people management skills.
• Excellent leadership and team building/supervisory skills.
• Strong analytical and decision making skills as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong reporting writing and presentation skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Proficiency in the use of financial spreadsheet applications.
• Ability to work within tight schedules and timelines.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
Other required skills
• Comfortable at dealing effectively with senior management and other managers/staff.
• Must be self motivated, able to work independently and willing to “ roll-up their sleeves” to get the job done
• Must be a team player.
• Must be an experienced individual with a sound knowledge of finance and accounting who is also ready to broaden their skills.
• Must be willing to travel.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Admin/Executive Assistant at HYT Consulting
- Job Vacancies at Hartford Green Consulting Limited (HGC)
- Fresh Job Vacancies at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Information Technology Role at Design Consulting
- Accounts/Admin Officer at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Fresh Job Opportunities at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Latest Vacancies at IMS One World
- Accountant at PeoplePrime