Vessel Master at West African Ventures (WAV) Ltd
Posted on: 1 July, 2014
Deadline: 15 July, 2014
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at West African Ventures (WAV) Ltd
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
West African Ventures (WAV) Limited is a 100% Nigerian Company providing onshore/offshore Services including vessels charter and other support services in the oil/gas industry, seeks engage immediate employment of masters for our passenger vessels with gross tonnage of between 200GRT and 300GRT.
The Successful candidate shall be based in Warri and report to our Operations Manager.
- The master shall be overall in charge of the entire vessel and the highest authority at sea.
- He will be in charge of safety of crew, vessel, cargo and passengers on board at all times.
- He will ensure that all international/local laws are followed properly and that all Management Polices are fully complied with.
- He shall be responsible for the navigation and discipline of the crew. .
- The master through the Chief Engineer reports will be in charge of all operational matters and the movement of the Engines.
- He will be responsible for all classification as it patterns to the vessel and ensure validity of vessel and crew certificates.
- Ensure execution of on-board training/drill as directed by management
- Ensure good communication within the vessel and between the vessel and with shore authorities.
- Master must ensure that approved adequate supplies of medicals exist on board in case crew/passengers need medical attention including medical evacuation.
- OOW(DECK) NCV certificate of competency/500GRT.
- Possession of STCW'95 Mandatory Certificates, Seaman Discharge Book,
- Valid Swimming Pass, Vaccination/Yellow Card, Seafarer's Medical Certificate, International Passport etc.
- (5-10) years experience on board passenger vessel of capacity between 200GRT and 300GRT.
- Must be focused and result oriented.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae on line to firstname.lastname@example.org ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATIONS CLOSES TWO (2) WEEKS FROM THE DATE OF THIS PUBLICATION
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about West African Ventures (WAV) LtdSimilar Jobs
- Management Accountant at Aldelia Group
- Job Vacancies at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Job Vacancies at an Upstream Oil & Gas Company - Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Hydraulic Fracking Specialist at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria CONT.
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Client Account Manager at A Multinational Oil And Gas Company - Aldelia Limited