We are a leading Independent Oil & Gas exploration and production company based in Nigeria. Due to continued success and long term growth, we are looking to strengthen our Internal HR management team, with this senior position.
This appointment will include full responsibility for the delivery of timely, high quality HR service against tight deadlines, in a challenging growth environment. Development of value-adding relationships with key business leaders is also a focus for this position
Principal Accountabilities for this position include the following:
- Develop and implement HR Strategies, policies, initiatives, Employee Value Proposition, programmes, systems and services to support the business
- Develop, resource and implement annually, the HR Functional Business Plan
- Monitor, update and review progress of Business Plan against target
- Implementation of HR policies and processes in Remuneration, Talent Management, Recruitment, IR/ER and Learning.
- Coordinate workforce planning and management including contractor staff oversight.
- Balance the need for stable and responsive workforce against the cost of increasing pay and benefits as well as the administrative cost of delivering the changes.
- Manage Job Evaluations, Establishment and manpower/organisation reviews.
- Manage Organisation structural data and HR policies & standards documentation
- Develop and execute appropriate Recruitment and Resourcing systems and programmes for graduates and experienced hires to meet the talent needs of the business
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of the Learning strategy including technical and leadership development programmes and on-the-job learning interventions.
- Coordinate HR Functional Excellence and professional learning.
- Develop and implement appropriate remuneration policies to ensure staff retention.
- Maintain overview of local Compensation structures and employment markets.
- Manage key processes e.g. HR Budget, Audit, Financial Planning and HSE.
- Ensure HR functional/business alignment with the rest of the business.
- Maintain industrial harmony and safeguard production targets, through effectively managing relationships between Management, staff and staff representative councils.
- Manage grievance, poor performance management, ethical and termination processes.
- Maintenance of a non-unionized company
- Manage and ensure delivery of processes and programmes through HR Business Partners, Employee Services and other functional teams
- Member of people-related board committees e.g. Remuneration and Nominations committees.
- Manage application & effectiveness of Merit and Bonus reviews, stock options, etc
Within this role you will have some Immediate Subordinates, and it is likely you will be working with and be involved with the management of the Office Services Team Lead, Talent & Learning Manager, Policy & Remuneration Manager / Resourcing Manager
Background & Experience required for the position
- At least 15 years HR experience, with at least 5 years at the strategic HRM leadership level.
- Increased capability to represent our company at senior levels externally.
- Understanding of HR processes, with sufficient depth in Resourcing, Change and Policies.
- Deep understanding of the Business needs and the Nigerian work environment & sensitivities.
- Imagination and creativity, while maintaining a strong HR business sense.
- Strong interpersonal skills, which are required to develop the many varied interfaces and to engender trust, credibility and respect that are essential for the successful job performance.
- A genuine interest in people and their development.
- Strong analytical skills balanced with the ability to weave the 'big picture' from disparate and often incomplete information.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.