Terre des hommes (Tdh) is leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
- Ensure that security procedures are followed as per the Country Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Conduct security assessments and threat analysis as required, and where necessary provide feedback on proposed mitigation strategies for local specific threats;
- Liaise with Head of Sub-Office, and report to the Security Coordinator to ensure that all relevant security information is disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate field teams and other stakeholders as required;
- Work closely with the Head of Sub-Office to propose effectives updates/amendments in the security documents/procedures applied;
- Assist in the security matters for the deployment of projects/operation or even for the conveying of persons or/and properties in his geographical area of assignment;
- Provide a support in the on-the-job training of security focal points within the field team;
- Provide information to field staff on security issues as needed, including travel briefings and risk analysis.
Security incidents management
- Support the Head of Office in managing and coordinating all security/safety emergency/crisis situation in his area of assignment;
- Follow up on security incidents and ensuring reports are drafted.
- Conduct/assist in security investigations as and when required by the Security Coordinator.
Corruption/Fraud/harassment/severe misconduct risks management: mitigation and investigation plan
- Screening all risks of corruption, fraud, harassment and severe misconduct, related to the implementation of the program including (but not limited to) any act or omission that intentionally misleads, or attempts to mislead, a party to obtain a financial or other benefit or to avoid an obligation, as well as the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting, directly or indirectly, anything of value to influence improperly the actions of another party such as theft, embezzlement, forgery and corrupt practices.
- Preventing, identifying and addressing all acts of corruption, fraud, harassment, severe misconduct against TdH’s image and reputation, whether committed by TdH’ staff members or other personnel or by third parties;
- Conducting/assisting in investigations related to cases of corruption, fraud, harassment or misconduct as and when required by the Security Coordinator;
- Providing to Security Coordinator confidential reports of investigation with adequate recommendations to securely manage proven cases of corruption, fraud, harassment and severe misconduct.
Liaise and Coordinate with any other humanitarian actors and/or existing coordination mechanism related to Security and Safety management
- Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs and other external actors to gain security information and analysis in the region
Any Other Business
Perform other duties as assigned by the Security Coordinator for all issues related to staff Safety and Security.
- Proven knowledge of standard computer software applications and information technology and different software packages including electronic communication.
- Integrity/Commitment to Tdh’s child focused Programming.
- Working in Teams.
- Commitment to Excellence
- University Degree, in related field Social Sciences
- Minimum 3 year of experience in same role with INGOs
- Extensive working knowledge of Security and safety ground
- Demonstrated understanding of North-East security Context
Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and Outlook is mandatory
Required: Proactive, autonomy, rigorous, organized, planning, analytical, clear communication, work under pressure, ability to facilitate change, persuade and negotiate to reach acceptable compromise/solutions among all levels in the organization
Desirable: willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
Fluent in English and Hausa, Kanuri (written and spoken)
Alignment with the values, vision and mission of Tdh
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications through the link, and ensure to attach their updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file on or before 31 August 2019.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Nigerian national only
Interested and qualified? Go to Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) career website on docs.google.com to apply