SIMS Nigeria Limited - We specialize in the assembly, distribution and sales of consumer electronics from major brands such as - Samsung, Panasonic, Royal, Skyworth, Electrolux, Bosch, Philips and Powermatic.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have grown to be a market leader in the home appliances & consumer electronics market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones in major cities such as Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Onitsha, Enugu, Uyo and Kano.
- The ideal candidate should be analytical and must possess strong technical, relationship management and interpersonal skills. In addition, he must be trustworthy, accountable and possess good leadership skills.
- Assist Factory Manager in organizing and managing day-to-day activities for plant operations.
- Manage a team of workers in achieving daily production goals.
- Coordinate with Factory Manager in resolving plant issues in a timely manner.
- Provide training and guidance to workers to meet performance standards.
- Determine resource requirements, work allocation and production deadlines to achieve production objectives.
- Maintain proper documentation for all plant related activities.
- Ensure materials, supplies and equipment are readily and continuously available for workers to carry out production process.
- Implement continuous plant improvements for increased productivity and scrap reduction.
- Implement cost reduction initiatives to minimize plant and labor expenditures.
- Optimize plant operations to meet quality and production standards.
- Maintain work area clean, safe and organized for workers.
- Set overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective operations.
- Ensure plant compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Schedule routine inspection and maintenance of plant equipment to prevent machine downtime.
- Schedule and supervise plant operations to meet production requirements in timely and cost-effective manner.
- Co-ordination with local authorities on environment, safety etc.
- Minimum of an HND or B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronics or Mechanical Engineering or other related disciplines (A post-graduate degree will be an advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience on assembling lines for Refrigerator, AC, Gas Cooker, Freezer and TV).
go to method of application »
- The ideal candidate should be analytical, proactive and results oriented. He/she must possess extensive knowledge of investment portfolio strategies as well as banking and financial instruments.
- Responsible for all cash management functions i.e. cash concentration, account funding, local and international bank transfers as well as ensuring adequate liquidity for working capital needs and investing excess cash.
- Responsible for overseeing and strengthening relationships with all banks and financial institutions as well as negotiating all bank and service fees.
- Responsible for forecasting daily cash requirements as well as daily company income and interest expense.
- Review and recommend changes to the organization’s investment policies based on the market conditions as well as assess treasury performance benchmarks and recommend changes when necessary.
- Evaluation, development and implementation of cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Conduct benchmark studies on banks /other financial institutions and their services to evaluate compatibility with the organization’s needs.
- Develop and monitor treasury operational policies and ensure compliance with the organization’s internal controls, policies & procedures.
- Responsible for the determination of the organization’s tax position and the applicability of taxable/non-taxable instruments.
- Reconciliation of all daily cash receipts, daily bank deposits, daily POS transactions and petty cash transactions.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in treasury management with at least 7 years in a leadership role in a reputable commercial or FMCG environment.
- Must possess a degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field (An MBA degree will be an added advantage).
- Must be a member/fellow of a recognized accounting professional body i.e. ICAN, ACCA e.t.c.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SIMS Nigeria Limited career website on simscareers.com.ng to apply