Infrastructure Engineer at IT Horizons Limited
Posted on: 20 August, 2019
Deadline: 20 September, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at IT Horizons Limited
IT Horizons Limited - Our client, a leading indigenous fast growing System Integrator ICT company with a clear focus in technology enabled solutions and professional services is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
- The Infrastructure Engineer is a technical team member for the Systems & Application team, and a project manager.
- You will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the data Centre of Systems & Application team and overall operations of that unit to ensure the stable operation of client’s IT infrastructure. This includes implementing, developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly data center infrastructure.
- Plan, Install and troubleshoots system (hardware & software) solutions and services.
- Plan, deploy and document the Server, Storage, Networking and Virtualization stack
- Responsible for addressing escalated issues and overall customer satisfaction
- Has in-depth knowledge across many of OEM products (IBM, HP, Dell, Cisco) and very advanced knowledge in two or three key areas
- Plan, implement and document heterogeneous compute infrastructure (e.g. Servers, SAN, NAS)
- Plan, implement and document advanced software (e.g. Replication, Snapshot technology, Disaster recovery, SQL)
- Plan, implement and document Virtualization Environment (VMware, HyperV, Citrix, KVM)
- Plan, implement and document Backup and Recovery System (Acronis, Quest, Veeam, Symantec)
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and react to business needs 24x7
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Capable of effectively articulating IT service value proposition to customers
- Provide leadership during critical situations and demonstrate poise and professionalism
Skills and Qualifications
- Good at problem solving; Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- A dedication to continually update knowledge
- Deep Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server
- Virtualization knowledge and experience using Hyper-V, VM Ware, Citrix Xen App and NetScaler.
- Experience working with servers and storage
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging.
- To recognize the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution.
- Ability to translate technical and business requirements into cost-efficient solutions
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, providing clear direction, motivating staff, managing their performance appropriately and fairly, and dealing with possible conflicts.
- Comptia A+, MCSE, VCAP or higher, ITIL, PMP
- Deep understanding of Server Operating Systems and OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IT Horizons LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Quantity Surveyor at Raeanna Nigeria Limited
- Field Investigation Officer at Transsnet Financial
- Senior Technical Bid Manager at Siemens
- Relationship Manager at Kobo360
- Latest Jobs at Focus Group Limited
- System/Network Engineer at Netcom
- Job Openings at Oracle Nigeria
- Fresh Jobs at Nextworks Limited