Executive Director at Phillips Consulting
Posted on: 27 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Phillips Consulting
Phillips Consulting is well known in this field for developing leaders. The analogy to this feat is that of a successful sports team that consistently turns out world class players every year. This overall increase in knowledge and skill automatically increases the value of the whole firm, which is clearly visible in our approach to our assignments. We fine tune and bring the best out of those that are determined.
- Develop best practice action plans and organisation structure that will ensure delivery of the overall objectives
- Promote high standard of food, service and hygiene in line with company standard and client objectives
- Lead a large and multinational workforce through all aspects of the employee life cycle including manpower planning, recruitment and selection, induction, learning and development, performance management and succession planning
- Responsible for the Profit and Loss of the Business and the EBITA it produces
- Represent the company during client audits, menu presentations and client functions
- Apply the Quality Policy and Quality System established in accordance with ISO9001:2000 standards and execute all responsibilities according to the department work procedures
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual manpower, capital expenditure and non-capital budgets and achieving budget targets
- Provide direct and indirect leadership and motivation for all staff improvement in job performance, satisfaction and development within the overall plans and priorities of the division to plan
- Provide overall direction and leadership to the function including performance feedback
- Provide direction to determine network distribution strategy and recommend improvements to achieve economic and customer service objectives
- Provide direction for customer growth, including transportation & logistics cost analyses for various routes distribution
- Develop and manage functional policies and procedures
- Develop and manage metrics to gauge and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Conduct regular reviews with customers to ensure customer expectations and goals are met
- Negotiate contract renewals and extensions with existing customers
- Provide regular updates to the Managing Director on customer/department issues
- Develop and manage team and individual goals for the Operations team
- Balance customers’ needs with company’s profitability
- Report and analyze key performance indicators
- Train and/or coordinate training of operations teams on all processes and systems
- Develop and ensure achievement of overall Company sales, profit and market share objectives, as well as development of new business opportunities
- Partner with business development team to ensure a clear understanding and qualification of customer programs, opportunities, as well as growth and service level objectives
- Develop and maintain client relationships by pro-actively providing customer service excellence, embedding a culture of continuous improvement and ensuring that service failures are addressed promptly and professionally
- Monitor cost, customer program and vendor negotiations to ensure competitive prices, quality standards, service levels, profitability and customer needs are met
- Manage and develop tools and systems to continuously improve internal communications regarding supply & demand factors, global trade trends, competitive positioning and sustainability of resources
- Responsible for the inventory management, systems and controls for the business
- Responsible for the preparation of periodic performance reports including trend analysis, risk mitigation and improvement identification and action planning.
Supply Chain Cycle
- Develop and manage sourcing & procurement strategies in support of the Company’s business development and strategic objectives.
- Sustain aggressive growth and profitability through developing strong supplier relationships, managing negotiations, enhancing existing partnerships and developing new strategic alliances.
- Work collaboratively with business development team to enhance value of and gain market share for the Company’s brands.
- Develop and execute a strategic global supply chain strategy.
- Provide leadership and direction to logistics team, research, identify and implement best practices in supply chain management.
- Oversee the management of vendors and other program stakeholders in the movement of goods and services
- Coordinate and control the order cycle and associated storage and movement of international and domestic goods.
Cost and Inventory Management
- Full circle of Profit and Loss responsibility
- Responsible for the Functional Strategy & Execution (against Vision)
- Receivables and material Procurement; Pricing Position; Procurement Strategy
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Position; should be consistent with market strategy
- Operating Costs – All Overhead Costs (including shared resources) and Incentive recommendations (tied to EBITDA performance)
- Minimum of 15 years of procurement & logistics experience in a multinational/aviation/oil & gas/hospitalities or any related industry with demonstrated leadership capabilities and Profit and Loss responsibility
- 5 -7 years of experience in business development at a managerial level
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Phillips ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Nursing Director (Repatriate) at Universal Careers
- Executive Drivers at Mikado Nigeria Limited
- Customer Service Representatives at Yes Africa Global Resources
- Territory Sales Managers at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Job Openings at an Investment Holding Company - KPMG Nigeria
- Business Development Officers at Light Heights International Education Services
- Chief Executive Officers (CEO) at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Quickcheck Credit Collections Manager at Seedstar Group