City Fleet Manager at Gatatransport Limited
Posted on: 19 August, 2019
Deadline: 20 August, 2019
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Gatatransport Limited
Gatatransport Limited is an innovative transport investment company founded to provide the best road transport service to the Nigerian people. We are currently running a taxi fleet on Uber, Bolt among other ride-sharing (e-hailing) platforms. We have been managing risks associated with transportation business in partnership with Leadway Assurance Company Limited through various comprehensive insurance covers for all our assets currently in operation.
- We're seeking to hire a Fleet Manager (Permanent Role) to manage our vehicle deployment and operations cycle (end2end).
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that our vehicles are always on the road and are in optimal condition for drivers and passengers.
- The Fleet Manager’s goal will be to ensure driver operations are streamlined while maximizing efficiency and improving vehicle maintenance in an effort to provide drivers and passengers with the best experience possible.
- Manage new vehicle procurement activities by researching and advising management on the best vehicle type that is suitable for any given product line before launch.
- Manage inspection of foregin used vehicles by reputable dealers and advising management on the ones that are fit for specific product line.
- Manage processes and procedures for client's vehicle listings and partnership with the Company
- Manage recruitment of drivers by carrying out driver assessment, interviews, background check, documentation and onboarding.
- Execute perodic field intelligence gathering prior to new product launch or existing product enhancement
- Utilizing in-house technology to track all vehicles in our fleet and ensuring driver full compliance with Company's directive on geographical coverage.
- Maintain proper record keeping and filing of vehicle and driver documents for easy referencing.
- Ensure that the fleet is in optimal condition for our drivers and passengers.
- Analyze and recommend strategies to increase efficiency of operations and drive best-in-class operational excellence.
- Manage the registration, insurance and licensing of all vehicles under management.
- Liaison with Insurance Partners to fast track claims as they arise within a space of 5 working days
- Provide daily/ weekly/ monthly report to the business as regards the status of all vehicles under management with the aid of in-house technology.
- Advise and lead the sale of vehicles which have completed their useful lives or are unassignable to drivers due to age or damage.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and enforcing same as they fall due.
- Ensure timely renewal of vehicle licenses, insurance policies and other relevant documents.
- Organize regular training and re-training of drivers on the network.
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree (post NYSC) in any discipline and proof of 5years driving experience is required.
- Candidate MUST be based in Lagos
Key Skill Set:
- Driving skill with at least 5 years active driving experience
- Good understanding of, and usage of GPS tracking technology.
- Ability to Prioritize, plan, and execute simultaneous projects and activities.
- Ability to effectively manage fleet inventory
- Proven ability to drive cost reduction initiatives to keep fleet maintenance cost at the barest minimum
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (email, phone, in-person)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Gatatransport LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Account Officer at Ifex Express Limited
- HSE Supervisor at APM Terminals
- Logistics/Warehouse Officer at Armosil West Africa
- Senior Sales Manager at a Logistics Company - Ralds and Agate Limited
- IT Help Desk Officers at Courierplus Services Limited
- Experienced Social Media Manager at Pickmeup International Company
- Think Tank Intern at House of Ravissant Limited
- Trailer Driver at Jhaki Technologies Limited