Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International is recruiting competent individuals into the following position:
- Manage the logistics supply chain
- Manage equipment, communication means and the vehicle fleet
- Manage the logistics team. Draw up daily, weekly and Monthly work plan for team; and delegate the activities to ensure that they are executed properly
- Collect and analyse monthly reports for inventory, running costs of vehicles and generators, the narrative report of activities, equipment list, order follow up.
- Manage all rehabilitation and maintenance. Provide project management for construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of structures for the operation of the base (programs, offices, house, and warehouse).
- Ensure proper security of office, warehouse, guest-house and equipment
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Logistics, supply chain management, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years work experience with at least 2 years in Logistics related field required
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Expert User of Microsoft Office Suite 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to manage and follow work plans
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Ability to think outside the box in problem management and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills. Fluent in English
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Good interpersonal skills – approachable, diplomatic, able to negotiate, influence, give and receive effective feedback, be a team player
- Ability to manage stress effectively, and juggle competing priorities
- Experience in supervisory position an asset
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs
- Fluency in one or more national or regional languages an asset
- Proficient in IT and networking technology
go to method of application »
The M&E Technical Advisor, with at least 70% time in the field, will act in close collaboration and giving direct support to the Yobe WINNN STA, under the guidance of the Nutrition PM, to ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Nutrition Programme, including monitoring progress against activity and critical milestones as well as providing support and guidance to STA, LTAs, IYCF TA, and Government counterparts.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Provide support in the collection, compilation, analysis and reporting of CMAM, IYCF and MNCHWs data throughout Yobe State
- To build capacity of health staff at State, LGA level and health facility level and to track progress on capacity building activities
- Coordination and support to the government health offices both at the state and LGA level.
- Support Accountability, communications and training
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in public health, statistics or demography with previous experience working in nutrition or health projects.
- Experience of data collection, collation; extremely high capacity for synthesis large quantities of information and data, clear analysis and reporting.
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally IYCF, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, Sphere standard, SPSS, SMART
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their carers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff. Excellent computer skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday 6th July will not be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.