If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and direct staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, an International Operator Company has an opportunity for a Preservation Supervisor to work on a fix term project on a contract basis in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Location: Africa: Nigeria
Reports To: Operations Manager.
To ensure competent offshore crew in line with established industry and company standard.
Fleet Superintendent, Technical Superintendent and Human Resources
- Ensure that the competence assurance program is positively communicated to the fleet and conduct the assessment process in a constructive and encouraging manner Ensure that competence assessments are completed in line with company policy and the project plan Conduct any required on-the-job training in order to successfully reassess candidates and ensure they are fully competent.
- Identify all potential risks to the success of the competence assurance program and develop/implement effective mitigation plans.
- Manage external training consultants and vendors Actively support in recruitment of new employees, specifically competencies in interviews and reviewing relevant certifications.
- Follow up cadet training program whilst on board for sea service. Identify and deal with maritime institutions where to train cadets for COC certification Make a succession Plan for officer in line with local content need
Implement training program for deck officers and deck crew Determine type of training required for deck officer and crew based on assessment reports Engage training instituties on behalf of company
- STCW Certificate of Competency in the capacity of Master.
- Assessor Qualification" or L&D 9Di or 9D Qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as Master.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as Competence Assessor (which can include time spent as Assessor while working in the role of Master).
Experience and Job Specific Skills
- Excellent Knowledge of offshore support vessels on Anchor handling, DP Operation and ASD.
- Exposure to offshore construction and installation projects Self-motivated with strong leadership skills.
- Good communication skills and report writing ability. Computer literate with the ability to use most Microsoft packages.
- Good oral and written English capability Class Flag, IMO rules and regulations ISM code, rules and regulations. IMCA rules and regulations.
- Also have a working experience in the following AHST - AHT - PSV Ocean going tugs Derrick construction barge offshore Heavy lift.
- Geared multipurpose vessels Offshore projects
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.