- Developing strategies that should optimum utilization of the hotel and Restaurants to ensure continuous profitability
- Contribute to the development and production of the company annual business plan.
- Put in place controls which ensures that Assets are maintained timely and periodically.
- Ensuring that the Unit’s operations are within the approved budget limit.
- Develop a strategy that ensures Customers satisfaction is monitored periodically in a structured manner.
- Put in place strategies that should ensure 90% room occupancy and Restaurant patronage all year round.
- Ensuring that all equipments are in good condition and performing optimally.
- Hold weekly communication and review meetings with subordinates and produce minutes of such meetings.
- Ensure that hotels and Restaurant activities are controlled effectively and manage performance against plans, focusing on continuous improvement in line with the company's mission, vision and objectives.
- Develop Staff competencies and monitor training and Participate in staff planning and appraisal.
- Ensure that transparency, honesty and accountability are imbedded in the procurement Team for Hotels and Restaurants.
- Maintain public relations with customers and corporate organizations.
- Ensure proper co-ordination between all the departments of the hotels and also interpersonal relationships amongst hotel staff.
- Ensure the effective dissemination of Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) Policy and Procedure to the Subordinates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive Management Team in consultation and implement effective succession planning, people management, development, recruitment, and retention strategies for the division.
- Manage the performance of all heads of department within the division through a formal Performance Management System.
- Develop, implement and enhance document record keeping and accounting systems making use of current computer technology.
Desired Skills and Experience
Person Statement: Bachelor’s degree level, with minimum 5 years experience in hotel management. Minimum five years experience working a property with at least 50 guest rooms and exceeds a 3 Star 3 rating.
Achieving quality results & service
Communicating information effectively
Thinking clearly, deeply, and broadly
Understanding the hospitality industry
Understanding GGNL mission & operations
Building collaborative relationships
Influencing individuals & groups
- Experience in setting and achieving sales and profit targets;
- Experience in planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
- Experience in recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
- Experience in analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies
- Experience in ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to write procedural manuals, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to a broad range of people internally and externally
- Excellent analytical and interpretive ability
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Knowledge of Finance, relevant Technology and Administration
- Knowledge of Hospitality Management
- Knowledge of Event Planning & Execution