Senior Surveyor/ Party Chief in charge of survey operations, project mobilizations, project planning, execution and delivery. Calibration, operation and deployment of multibeam echosounders and scanning sonars, DGNSS and subsea positioning equipment, gyrocompasses, USBL, MRU, INS and miscellaneous survey equipment. Will report to the Director, Operations. Experience with navigation interfacing to multi-channel seismic system, etc will be an added advantage.
Candidate will supervise junior surveyors, navigators and new intakes and will interface with Clients as may be needed. While not working offshore on company vessels or client rigs, candidate will help with tenders, management of survey projects and mentoring junior survey staff.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Job planning, preparation and testing of equipment prior to project mobilization.
- Mobilization and demobilization of equipment and liaising with client and survey team on project requirements and deliverables
- Operation and basic troubleshooting of equipment deployed in the field.
- Supervision and overall quality control of all aspects of positioning survey operations.
- Responsible for execution of work as per scope, specification and schedule as briefed by the BRONE Project Manager, and submission of Reports.
- Responsible for ensuring safe working environment at site.
- Responsible for maintaining and revising work instructions and procedures
- Preparing reports and deliverables to the end client
Full time contract. Initial 6-12 month contract minimum, if prefered full time employment contract issued.
Attractive compensation and benefits package. ($60-108K per annum). Work location will be offshore Nigeria on any of company vessels and client offshore rigs. Base will be in Lagos. Company will provide accommodation, steward/cook, car. Three months on, one month off schedule and travel paid for by Company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of work experience.
- Good Communication skills in English language and good interpersonal Skills
- Ability to set up, operate, monitor and maintain a DGNSS Reference Station Network
- Ability to install, operate CNAV, Qinsy 8.0, USBLs and other rig / seismic vessel horizontal and vertical positioning equipment
- Ability to operate, position, calibrate, acquire multibeam data with Qinsy Software, MRU, etc.
- Valid offshore certificates, valid medicals, verifiable references
- Ability to maintain the smooth functioning of all the positioning and related equipment and troubleshooting
- Ability to operate land survey equipment used for offshore calibrations, sextants, theodolites/total stations, for sun shots, etc
- Ability to operate laser equipment will be an advantage.
- Expert knowledge of geodesy to include ability to work between different geodetic systems, datum differences, tidal variations, etc.
- Ability to process multibeam data will be an added advantage
- Ability to acquire, process and coordinate new control / reference points/markers using geodetic grade GNSS receivers