Resident Control Officer at Citygate Global Investment Limited
Posted on: 14 August, 2019
Deadline: 19 August, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Citygate Global
Citygate Global Investment Limited was founded in June 2007 as a Microfinance Institution and registered with Corporate Affairs Commission. The organisation was created with the objective to reduce Nigerian population living below poverty line by intervening and enhancing the capacities of the low-end actively engaged populace struggling to run a viable businesses to earn a living. The organisation activities are geared in line with the global initiative of poverty alleviation and Financial Inclusion to all. We continually focus on this segment of the Nigerian economy by doing everything possible to assist them to run a viable businesses and improve their lives.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full time
Job Field: Accounting/Audit/Finance
Job Description/Main Responsibilities
- Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
- Ensure prompt and effective call over of branch transactions.
- Build strong awareness in branch staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for open GL Items, unreviewed transactions and income leakages
- Call over of Transactions as per the approved threshold.
- Review of expense and the Branch imprest and ensure conformity with laid-down policies.
- Carrying out security sweep at least once in a month.
- Ensure complete and accurate recognition of all fees and charges on every relevant account.
- Review KYC compliance.
- Carrying out spot checks and review of activities in the branches under coverage, cash count and vault administration, funds transfer, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Review of system exception message report.
- Conduct serial checks /tests on Managers Cheque/Bank draft in the branches under coverage.
- Establish and maintain an Internal Process discipline and alignment within the business
- Ensure learning and development within the team and business on internal control standards
- Formulate, direct and co-ordinate the delivery of excellent internal audit services in alignment with the company strategy and key objectives
- Review the accuracy of financial records, promote operational efficiency and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Examine procedures in existence to ensure that resources and assets are safeguarded
- Coordinate the review of accounting records to ensure proper records are maintained
- Ensure contract price and prices of purchased items are reasonable
- Measure and be accountable for business and strategic plan execution.
- Be responsible for financial goals and measure to performance goals.
- Have insights into customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
- Promptness and effectiveness of call over of transactions.
- Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports
- Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented
- Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas.
Relevant Skills, Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2-3 years progressively responsible experience in internal Control and Compliance environment,
- Banking experience as internal control personnel
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Method of Application
Candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Citygate GlobalSimilar Jobs
- International Finance Corporation Young Professionals Program (IFC YPP) 2019
- Head, Business Development at Boctrust Microfinance Bank
- Finance Intern at NEO360
- Manager, Credit and Marketing at Creditville Limited
- 2019 Industrial Attachment Programme at GTI Microfinance Bank Limited
- Media & Internal Engagement Analyst at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Technical Product Manager at Finance Life Technologies Limited (Riby)
- Regional Agency Coordinator (SIPML) at Stanbic IBTC Bank