Junior Associate at Ace Solicitors
Posted on: 14 August, 2019
Deadline: 23 August, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Ace Solicitors
Ace Solicitors - We provide proactive, practical and result-oriented legal solutions drawn from our wealth of experience in several strata of law and projected to help our clients navigate avoidable risks as well as gain competitive market advantage. All our solutions are geared towards helping our clients gain long term legal stability.
Slots: 2 Openings
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: September, 2019
Objectives of Job Position
- The main objective of the job is to provide daily support in collaboration with the unit heads for both Contentious & Non- Contentious business in every phase of research, execution of client instructions which includes but is not limited to client /case document preparation, records management, reviewing evidentiary filings, proofreading briefs, etc.
- Assist in drafting legal opinions, instruments, processes and documents as may be required in execution of clients ‘instructions or the discharge of assigned tasks
- Provide support in drafting of all non-contentious legal processes (including but not limited to incorporation, intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, corporate and property transactions, agreements and patents)
- To assist in case preparation and in preparing pleadings, organizing materials for litigious cases
- To make court appearances and be responsible for taking courtroom notes
- To undertake inquiries and legal research particularly in areas of designated assignment so as to further the unit’s overall objective in delivering excellent legal services to the firm’s litigious clients
- To assisting in drafting and delivery of letters to courts or administrative bodies for development and progress of cases
- To liaise with third parties in ensuring proper handling of firm’s cases and obtain certified true copies of judgment upon completion of cases
- To keep cases organized by monitoring and ensuring accuracy in the organization of files; keeping diary dates for clients’ matters and monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions
- Research, anticipate and guard clients against legal risks
- Guide clients and ensure compliance with applicable laws
- Structure, draft and review agreements and other legal documents
- Follow up on client compliance obligations, attend and draft minutes of meetings and represent client in both contentious and non-contentious legal proceedings
- Ensure proper case / client file documentation and ensure prompt and detailed client update, status reports and feedback
- Regular updating of legal knowledge by participating in legal training opportunities, reading professional books and materials.
- Undertaking other relevant assignment as may be assigned by designated seniors in Chambers, the Head of Chambers and Partners in the firm
- Keeping abreast with current affairs to identify new business opportunities.
- Seeking opportunities for expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing clients
- Building relationships with existing clients in an attempt to increase their current spend
- Communicating new service developments to prospective clients
- Report to Head of Legal & Management Team
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of an LLB, B.L Degree with 0 - 1 year relevant work experience
- Must be computer-literate, particularly in programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point etc
- Personal integrity, honesty and transparency is essential.
- High sense of confidentiality
- Highly organized, with ability to deliver error free work output, collaboration and negotiating skills required, with the ability to work independently, exhibit self-motivation and be self-directed, is necessary.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and multitask, must possess ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Method of Application
Candidates should send in submit CV and Cover Letter showing relevant experience to the role and responsibilities above to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the mail subject, "Application for the Position of Junior Associate (Youth Corp Member)"
The Managing Partner,
9 Negro Crescent, Euphrates Street,
- Shortlisting of applications will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ace SolicitorsSimilar Jobs
- Receptionist at Baobab Micro Finance Bank
- Project Management Assistant (Short Term Staff) - Country Office at the African Development Bank Group - 8 Positions
- Fresh Jobs at UK-Dion Investment Limited
- Latest Jobs at Ultimus Holdings
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Tech Academy 2019
- Data Analyst (R - Programming Skills) at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Latest Jobs at Altara Credit Limited
- IT Solutions Developer at Stanbic IBTC Bank