The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Local Guard Program Coordinator in the Regional Security Office (RSO).
Basic Function of the Position:
Incumbent oversees the Local Guard Program, making sure both the Consulate in Lagos and Embassy in Abuja are being served according to the contract. Meet daily with the Operations Manager to identify and resolve problems. Brief the RSO on operational and administrative contract concerns. Review GEMS report on a daily basis and resolve discrepancies. Verify contractor compliance with overall contract requirements.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years work in the management of a guard service contract is required.
- Level III (Good working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Knowledge of the guard service contracts and general knowledge of Consulate structure is required.
- Ability to deal with the guards in a courteous yet assertive manner is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel spreadsheet and Nigerian valid Driver’s license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: Or – Ordinarily Resident–N2,957,362 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor - Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM - US$40,394 EFM/MOH – US$34,667 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov