Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners.
- Provide logistics support and coordination to all field activities and staff travel.
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistic management.
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the home office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Supervise administrative and finance staff.
- University Degree in Business Management or accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Minimum 3 years experience management experience.
- Experience with USAID funded project.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”.
- Ability to create and monitor budgets.
- Understand the principals of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
go to method of application »
The success of the PRO-ACT project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance. Hence, the objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of PRO-ACT M&E plan in the states integrating it with other health systems and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- Spearheading the roll-out of PRO-ACT M&E plan in line with PEPFAR and national reporting requirements
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State PRO-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
- Take lead in the implementation of PRO-ACT state M&E plan and reporting formats for PEPFAR indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Advisors and Directors
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the PRO-ACT central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Assist the STL to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with PRO-ACT management to document and publish best practices.
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART, palliative care, and OVC desirable.
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
go to method of application »
- Management Sciences for Health is a sub-grantee on a new five-year Associate Award in Nigeria for the MEASURE Evaluation Phase III Project. Through this USAID/Nigeria-funded award, MSH will provide leadership and organizational development technical assistance to support the implementation and sustainability of M&E policies and procedures leading to improved health outcomes.
- Seconded to the project’s John Snow, Inc. office in Abuja, the Senior Organizational Development Advisor will serve on a core team of technical experts and work with M&E teams in local institutions to develop skills in leadership, management, systems thinking, change management, communication, decision-making, and improve planning and implementation.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively and effectively facilitating organizational change and development with senior-level stakeholders at all levels of the Nigerian government, operating in a complex partnership environment. The candidate should possess state-of-the-art skills in all facets of organizational development; this includes experience creating and adapting management systems that lead to sustainable organizational change.
- Represent the MEASURE project at all levels of Nigerian government (Local, State, and Federal) with multiple senior-level stakeholders (committees, technical working groups, administrative bodies) to support the development of a rational structure for policy and decision-making, aligning the needs of all stakeholders, assessing the needs and gaps in the M&E system, planning for future enhancements to that system, and mobilizing resources for M&E.
- Establish technical strategic direction for the leadership and OD component of the project and continuously seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to address organizational challenges and opportunities in efforts to strengthen M&E systems.
- Contribute to and support the design and implementation of assessments of organizational/ management systems. Track monitoring indicators and perform regular evaluations of progress versus indicators.
- Lead and facilitate MSH’s Leadership Development Program within the scope of MEASURE Nigeria’s programs. Design and provide OD-related technical assistance, including workshop facilitation and on-site coaching and mentoring to teams of central and local health sector agencies to strengthen their leadership and organizational effectiveness capacity.
- Identify technical assistance requirements to be filled by local consultants.
- Develop scopes of work for local consultants, orient, manage and monitor their work for timely and effective deliverables and results.
- Develop annual work plan for implementation of outputs and achieving results.
- Ensure high-quality, evidence-based, results-oriented reporting and data for decision-making for the activities undertaken.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s level education in organizational development, public administration, management, social sciences or a related field.
- Significant relevant experience in areas directly related to capacity development and institutional strengthening (minimum of 8 years of overall work experience).
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully as a sole practitioner for OD in a complex partnership environment (as evidenced through previous positions). Experience collaborating with partners on activities that require providing coaching and performance feedback, both on an individual and organizational level.
- Experience building and maintaining professional and productive relationships with senior-level government officials that facilitate organizational change management and develop and strengthen their leadership and organizational effectiveness capacity.
- Knowledge of and experience in leadership development, management and public sector systems (preferably in health) capacity development and M&E in Nigeria desirable.
- Proven experience providing organizational capacity development and capacity assessment technical assistance to public health institutions, programs or projects.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Good organizational and networking skills.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation with minimal supervision required.
- Computer literacy with competence in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- Willingness to travel within the country, sometimes to remote locations.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online on or before Friday 7th July, 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale