FPSO Commissioning Site Lead at WTS Energy (Oil & Gas)
Posted on: 25 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WTS Energy
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries.
Job description FPSO Commissioning Site Lead
WTS Energy is looking for FPSO Commissioning Site Lead to join the fabrication works of a leading European Oil & Gas Operator at shipyard in South Korea. This is a residential job, based in Geoje.
WTS Energy is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Code: WTABO04077
Location: Korea, Nigeria
- Responsible for the FPSO overall commissioning.
- Be the focal point within FPSO commissioning team for the entities involved in the definition and preparation of the commissioning activities related to the FPSO.
- Ensure that all activities related to all FPSO systems commissioning are defined correctly.
- Review the Contractors testing and commissioning procedures, schedule, and execution plans.
- Identify and address all interface issues with other entities such as SPS and UFR with respect to FPSO systems commissioning activities.
- Ensure system and sub-system definition for commissioning takes account of the split in scope between the Korean shipyard and the yard in Nigeria.
- Ensure that the FPSO contractor performs all pre-commissioning and commissioning in strict accordance with the OPERCOM methodology.
- Ensure the sub-system definition maximizes the commissioning scope achievable at the Korean shipyard.
- Development of the Commissioning Methods and Strategies
- Assist the Commissioning Manager in the recruitment of the commissioning technicians and inspectors for the Korean shipyard phase.
- Organize the preparation and supervise the safe execution of the FPSO systems commissioning activities.
- Assist and advise the FPSO Engineering and Construction team in all FPSO commissioning issues.
- Ensure that the commissioning scope is identified within engineering to maximize the scope achievable at the Korean shipyard.
- Arrange and attend the weekly and monthly commissioning and commissioning/construction interface meetings.
- Ensure contractor manages the attendance of vendors satisfactorily.
- Manage the vendors of equipment provided by the COMPANY.
- Ensure the contractor adequately provides tools and spare parts for commissioning.
- Manage the preparation of the pre-commissioning and commissioning reporting tools.
- Approve contractors reporting procedures and tools.
- Ensure that the ICAPS database is populated correctly and that the database provides an accurate reporting tool for all pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Ensure satisfactory definition the sub-system boundary limits and commissioning packages within sub- systems is achieved by the contractor.
- Ensure satisfactory definition of all FPSO systems pre-commissioning and commissioning scope within the sub-systems.
- Agree and approve/deny any changes proposed by the contractor to the contractors scope for commissioning and start up.
- Approve the contractors pre-commissioning and commissioning management procedures.
- Follow up and review the contractor’s preparation for pre-commissioning and commissioning scope for both onshore and offshore related to all FPSO systems equipment.
- Ensure contractors PTW and isolation procedures and practices are in line with Company expectations.
- Approve the contractors system commissioning procedures and Operational Test Procedures.
- Approve the FPSO systems OTPs.
- Witness the contractor’s performance of pre-commissioning to achieve FPSO systems completion on a sub-system basis.
- Approve the contractor’s punch list activities and control of punch list items including sign-off of punch list items.
- Witness contractor’s performance of onshore commissioning to achieve RFSU on system and sub-system basis for all FPSO systems related equipment.
- Approval the contractor’s pre-commissioning and commissioning dossiers.
- Follow up the contractor’s FAT activities at supplier premises.
- Assistance and follow up the contractor during off-shore installation, hook-up and commissioning and production start-up.
Requirements FPSO Commissioning Site Lead
- Education: B. Eng (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline.
- Professional experience: minimum 10 - 15 years working as supervision on Oil & Gas and Utility systems process equipment and systems of which 7 years specifically on Oil & Gas and Utility systems on large Oil and Gas Facilities.
- Minimum of 3 years in a senior supervisory role leading the commissioning of process and utility systems on an Offshore FPSO.
- Previous experience having worked in a Korean shipyard environment.
- Understanding, expert knowledge and experience of preparing commissioning strategy, developing network planning, coordinating integrated plan, contractor follow up and supervision during pre- commissioning and commissioning.
- Management of systems handover process and integration with project operations teams.
- Proven experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning of large Oil & Gas process systems.
- Risk analysis, Safety of persons and facilities experience and capabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of OPERCOM methodology and ICAPS software.
- Supervisory experiences and ability to manage the works of multi engineering teams simultaneously.
- Good presentation and communication skills, team management skills
- Language: Fluent in English with French an advantage. Knowledge of the Korean language an added advantage.
Terms & Conditions FPSO Commissioning Site Lead
- Residential j3ject, with manpower contract renewable every 6 months.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WTS EnergySimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL)
- Drilling Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Management Accountant at Aldelia Group
- Job Vacancies at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Job Vacancies at an Upstream Oil & Gas Company - Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria CONT.
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited