Transport Manager at IAN Associates
Posted on: 25 June, 2014
Deadline: 6 July, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at IAN Associates
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
IAN Associates is recruiting for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the operations of transportation department.
- Direct the activities of transport staff, drivers, logistics / haulage team, in relation to transportation operations including dispatching, routing, and tracking transported items
- Efficiently support transportation of staff and materials in the most professional manner and guiding department personnel in same regard.
- Direct the effectiveness of private, third party and contract carriage systems
- Work with international carriers and freight forwarders to streamline the flow of goods across international borders, through customs and ports operations
- Ensuring the Company fleet and optimally utilized, maintained and comply with registration and other regulatory requirements.
- Plan, develop, and implement transportation health and safety, and security programs and activities
- Develop and communicate transportation policies and procedures
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations
- Develop and implement improvement and change management plans within the department.
- Negotiate and give recommendation on contracts, and direct procurement related to transportation operational needs
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures related to transportation activities
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the transportation operations and personnel
- Conduct investigations to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures. Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints
- Interview, select, coach, train, manage, and appraise the performance of transportation personnel
- Remain current with latest transportation technology systems and procedures
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates
Qualfication, Training and Experience.
- A Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience with 5 years in similar role in managerial capacity
- Relevant qualifications in logistics/supply chain programme(s) is an added advantage
- Good numerical, business literacy and communication and IT skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IAN AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Product/Brand Manager (FMCG) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Psychologist at Protege Management
- Accounts Clerk at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Fresh Vacancies at Fadac Resources
- Junior Digital Designer / Graphic Designer (Photoshop) at Oscar Temple
- Jobs at McTimothy Associates
- Business Development Executives at Intelfort Nigeria Limited
- Expert, Business Plan Development at Aquarian Consult Limited