Transport Manager at IAN Associates
Posted on: 25 June, 2014
Deadline: 6 July, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at IAN Associates
IAN Associates is recruiting for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the operations of transportation department.
- Direct the activities of transport staff, drivers, logistics / haulage team, in relation to transportation operations including dispatching, routing, and tracking transported items
- Efficiently support transportation of staff and materials in the most professional manner and guiding department personnel in same regard.
- Direct the effectiveness of private, third party and contract carriage systems
- Work with international carriers and freight forwarders to streamline the flow of goods across international borders, through customs and ports operations
- Ensuring the Company fleet and optimally utilized, maintained and comply with registration and other regulatory requirements.
- Plan, develop, and implement transportation health and safety, and security programs and activities
- Develop and communicate transportation policies and procedures
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations
- Develop and implement improvement and change management plans within the department.
- Negotiate and give recommendation on contracts, and direct procurement related to transportation operational needs
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures related to transportation activities
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the transportation operations and personnel
- Conduct investigations to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures. Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints
- Interview, select, coach, train, manage, and appraise the performance of transportation personnel
- Remain current with latest transportation technology systems and procedures
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates
Qualfication, Training and Experience.
- A Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience with 5 years in similar role in managerial capacity
- Relevant qualifications in logistics/supply chain programme(s) is an added advantage
- Good numerical, business literacy and communication and IT skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IAN AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Mean Stack Developers at Productive People
- Graduate Sales Engineers at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Human Resource Role at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Information Technology Role at Rutotech International
- Regional Sales Manager at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Jobs at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Job Openings at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Latest Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting