Operations Manager at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
Posted on: 25 June, 2014
Deadline: 24 July, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firmOur objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy formulation and implementation expertise and business operation improvement skills.
GVA Partners is recruiting to fill the position of:
Reports to: Managing Director
Subordinate Staff: Account Officer, Admin Officer and Human Resource Officer
Internal Contacts: All Staff
External Contacts: Customers, Service Providers, Vendors.
To ensure smooth operation of client’s various processes that contribute to the production of the organisation’s services.
- Develop effective operational systems, processes and polices in support of the organization’s vision;
- Develop detailed plans in support of approved strategies, organizing required resources, monitoring and periodically reporting progress of plans;
- Continuously strive to improve processes, procedures to heighten productivity, timeliness and quality;
- Direct and provide a strategic framework for product managers to develop and manage new 3rd party relationships, contracts, data services/features, content and application portals and messaging products;
- Perform market research and analysis, design product, content and channels;
- Develop and sustain parameters for service tracking and communication to clients (e.g. outgoing technical reports, SDD, logs performance analysis)
- Assist in the development of proposals for new services and platforms to clients;
- Propose optimization of existing and new services;
- Provide performance data to support management decision-making;
- Evaluation and acceptance of new hardware and service deployed on VAS platforms;
- Drive product and service delivery across the organisation by agreeing and setting goals;
- Support effective management reporting, information dissemination, business process and organizational planning;
- Ensure full integration of quality management processes and their effective deployment on a day-to-day basis;
- Supervise service and subscriber migrations on VAS platforms;
- Organize documentation and handover of any new services to Business Development;
- Act as a liaison between networks and all departments;
- Ensure VAS services are implemented within allocated budgets;
- Keep up to date on VAS services and capabilities across all networks;
- Keep abreast with technological advancement within the VAS industry;
- Identify training and development needs of team members and manage skills enhancement programmes for the team to ensure targets are met;
- Manage team boundaries and allocate resources between teams for an effective work load balance;
- Set clear objectives and guide team members to achieve targets and performance standards;
- Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate managerial action to ensure targets are met or exceeded;
- Structure and negotiate supplier partnership agreements;
- Manage Vendors, negotiate and monitor SLAs;
- Meet with the Business Development and Customer Service teams on a regular basis to identify the list of new client requirements, assess operational performance and review any identified opportunities and challenges;
- Carryout Monthly/quarterly reviews with clients;
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated from time to time.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in VAS industry.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- Experience and certification in Project Management (PMI, Prince2 or APM) would be an advantage
- MBA Preferred
- Experience in managing crisis
- Strong background and work experience in Telecommunications and Consultancy
- A commitment to high professional ethical standards working in a diverse workplace;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices;
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Good leadership with vision in managing a diverse group of staff and major project initiatives across the organization.
- Experience in deploying and optimizing VAS systems for multiple vendors, and interaction with Marketing, and IT departments
- Experience in Operation and Maintenance of all VAS platforms and charging systems including the deployment of new services;
- Has a passion for efficiency through continuous improvement.
- Thrives on managing competing priorities.
Complimentary Skills for Operations Manager
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills: Ability to look at situations from several points of view and recommend solutions to management.
- Planning and organizing: Plans a course of action to accomplish high-priority goals. Monitors progress. Anticipates problems and revises plans to meet changing circumstances.
- Decision-making: Be able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Good reporting skills (written and verbal). Provides information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style to the needs of others. Listens attentively.
- Developing a Team: Must be able to motivate, build a strong team and develop positive relationships among team members as they work.
- Negotiation Skill: Must be a Confident negotiator and have a strong ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Conflict Resolution Skill: Ability to step in to resolve conflicts among team members; between the clients and the organization.
- Commitment to excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
- Adaptability: Responds positively to change. Maintains effectiveness when confronted with new work situations or the uncertainty and ambiguity that comes with change. Is open to new ideas, assignments and approaches.
- Microsoft Application Suites: Microsoft Office 2010 (English), Microsoft Vision and Microsoft Project.
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above requirement should email their resume to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Please, State The Position You Are APPlYING For In Te Subject Field Of The Mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- HR Associate at Chariscoopers Professional Services Limited
- Client Service/Social Media Executive at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Brand Ambassador at TalentBase
- Sales Personnel at Doheney Services Ltd
- Economist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Latest Jobs at AFM Recruit
- Job Opening at Janchine Nigeria Limited