Latest Job at British American Tobacco
Posted on: 25 June, 2014
Deadline: 15 July, 2014
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View Jobs posted same day
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
As a CORA Executive your job will be fun whilst surrounded with a lot of challenges. You will directly support the drive to maximise regulatory knowledge, opportunities and quality of information through the provision of credible fact-based advocacy on Tobacco Control, provide input to the development of regulatory strategy and positions and dissemination of same to the external public through an understanding of the West African Area and International Tobacco Control agenda and maintain an area-wide view of regulatory status while providing directional input to regulatory engagement and external communication.
Your daily responsibilities will be
- To contribute to business sustainability by supporting efforts to shape the business environment with relevant information, issue analysis and advocacy
- To contribute to the achievement of business objectives by maximising the opportunities for success in regulatory engagement
- Set the standard for quality and depth of issue analysis to advance understanding of regulatory issues around the Region
- To provide advocacy that ensures that engagement is relevant to tobacco control thinking, both current and future in order to maximise traction with stakeholders
- To provide area-specific communication content that supports our regulatory agenda
- Maintain and develop the Regulation Management Tool and the Stakeholder Engagement Model as key platforms for managing consistency of regulatory approach across the area
- Directly support the BATN Regulatory Affairs department, relevant Area CORA Managers and the BATNA CORA team by ensuring that they are up to date with latest developments on regulatory positions
- Directly support BATN Regulatory Affairs department, relevant Area CORA Managers and the BATN CORA team with updates on anticipated Tobacco Control developments as well as immediate response to requests for analysis
- Educated to degree level or preferably beyond
- Ideally 2 – 3 years’ experience working in political lobbying research or the tobacco industry or other commercial activity which requires aptitude for in-depth analysis of issues
- Cross functional appreciation of the business – marketing, operations, CORA, finance, legal
- Attention to detail and Active interest in tobacco and tobacco control issues will be a plus
- Aptitude for absorbing and applying knowledge to debate cultural sensitivity
- Strong research skills – both desk based and potentially in commissioning research on specific areas
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Driver - Pool Car at SABmiller Plc
- Account Manager, Dow Adhesives at the Dow Chemical Company
- Associate Manager - SHE at SC Johnson (SCJ)
- Transport Service Centre Manager at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Personal Assistant at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited
- Food Technologist - Savoury at Givaudan Nigeria
- Production Planning Officer at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Job Vacancies at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc