If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client, a top organisation in the hospitality business is seeking to add to its workforce young, enthusiastic and innovative individuals for the vacant position of Debt Recovery Officer.
The Debt Collection Officer is responsible for providing support to the organisation with particular emphasis on the collection of revenue and management of finance. The position liaises directly with clients, issues invoices/notices, negotiate on outstanding payments and where necessary initiates recovery action.
The Debt Collection Officer is responsible for the administration and implementation of the debt recovery process.
- Support the licensing administration system with a particular emphasis on collection of revenue
- Ensuring accounts, invoices, notices and statements are generated, issued and/or administered on time and consistent with legislative and audit requirements
- Directly liaising /corresponding with a range of clients/stakeholders on Departmental policy, payments and financial reporting requirements
- Minimising customer response times by issuing reminder notices and customer statements and monitoring collection of debts in a timely manner
- Negotiating with clients on arrangements regarding payments and making recommendations to management to ensure Departmental guidelines in relation to installment agreements and the processing of monies received are adhered to
- Contribute to the achievement of team and organisational objectives
- Contact debtors by telephone, letter, email or fax, to agree debt recovery plans and follow up as appropriate
- Reviewing documentation (all aspects of contract) to assess liability, identify contract issues and judge recoverability
- Using knowledge and initiative to reach amicable solutions to settling debts on behalf of clients, taking into account circumstances of the case
- Establish repayment schedules, monitoring repayment of debts, and adherence by debtors to installment schedules.
- Researching debtor companies, assisting in researching laws and procedures to provide written advice to clients.
- Maintain statistics on recoveries
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Statistics and other related field
- A minimum of second class lower (BSc) or lower credit (HND)
- 2-3years experience in debt recovery in a financial sector
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good time management
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and an excellent telephone manner
- Appropriately assertive manner to deal with debtors and clients
- Confident manner
- Proactive and ability to take initiative
- Able to work within a team as well as independently
- Able to handle pressure and tight deadlines
- Natural ability to interact with people from various backgrounds and various levels
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here