1. Leadership in the preparation of the polio communication situation analysis by compiling data, analyzing and evaluating information, and writing chapters of the Analysis. Maintains data bank of social indicators which are relevant to the polio communication programme.
2. Coordinates the preparation of the polio communication monitoring, evaluation and research plan. Responsible for leading the integration of polio communication activities within the Country Programme Recommendation (CPR) and all related documents.
3. Well-designed data collection methodologies and research protocol (Sentinel Site Survey, RAP, KAP, polling, etc.). Participates in the development and introduction of new approaches and methods in project monitoring and evaluation and data analysis. Serves as a focal point for the introduction of the new M&E Software, including Evaluation Study Summary Sheet and Programme Review Sheet. Organizes and conducts necessary training in this regard.
4. Under the direction of the chief of polio communication support the development of presentations and analysis of data sets for the Communication component of the ERC and Independent Monitoring Board reviews.
5. Analyzes and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommends corrective action, when necessary, to meet programme/project objectives. Provides technical advice to programme staff, Emergency Operation Centre situation analysis working group, government officials and other counterparts and coordinates and manages the data-related and evaluative elements of polio communication programme milestone meetings, Expert Review Committee meetings, grant reviews, mid-term reviews, strategy meetings, previews and reviews and annual reviews.
6. Enhance data collection and analysis for sentinel sites in communities identified in high risk areas where communication activities can be more closely monitored and then from which data can be gathered over the course of several IPDs. The data will be analyzed and correlated with communication interventions to demonstrate trends in immunization that can be linked to the social activities.
7. Leads the preparation of the Monitoring and Evaluation documents within the polio communication section. In close collaboration with the Communications specialist (polio communication) identifies and disseminates relevant statistical information/results of the polio communication Situation Analysis to international, national, zonal, state and local levels.
8. Participates in the development of the polio communication workplan and ensures compliance to specific assigned objectives. Provides guidance and support to staff.