Vacancies In A USAID-Funded Civil Society Project
Posted on: 24 June, 2014
Deadline: 8 July, 2014
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at USAID
The USAID Civil Society Project seeks to increase the capacity and engagement of civi 1 society organizations, clusters, networks and coalitions to influence key democratic reforms at all levels of governance in Nigeria.
The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) with support from the Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND). The project hopes to work with six Civil Society organizations and two Business Management Organizations in issues of inclusive governance and economic growth in the Niger Delta. The five-year project is implemented by Chemonics International who seeks qualified candidates for the under-listed positions to support this work. The positions will be based in Port Harcourt.
- Reporting to the Niger DeltaAdvisor, the successful candidate will support the delivery ofthe objectives in the Niger Delta.
- S/he will provide project management support. including working on the project database, providing grants management support, budget, finance and procurement assistance as well as support the development and implementation of work plans, programme development, and monitoring and evaluation.
- S/he will also support the identification of and technical assistance to programme grantees, assist with managing consultants and sub-contractors, also work with the wider programme team as required and directed.
- The post holder will have a minimum of a first degree (ideally a second degree) in development studies, the social sciences or a related field.
- S/he will possess a minimum of three (3) years experience (ideally through a US government assisted contract or mechanism) working on social development programmes with civil society with a good understanding of governance, economic growth, gender and social inclusion.
- Good report writing and M&E skills are also essential.
- The post holder will also have experience of USAID grants awards and management processes, budgeting, procurement, as well as being numerate, a clear communicator, with initiative and excellent team skills.
go to method of application »
- Reporting to the Niger Delta Advisor, this post will provide driving and logistics services to the Niger Delta office and team. This includes safe driving services, vehicle and vehicle logs maintenance in compliance with policies and with respect to Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will also provide other logistic support (deliveries, routine office chores, cleaning and errands) as required and directed by the Niger DeltaAdvisor.
- The successful applicant will have a minimum of 10 years professional driving experience, including three years in such a role with an international organization and hold a clean, valid driver's license.
- Educated to a minimum of primary school level, they will be literate and numerate, capable of completing proper documentation.
- They will have knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance and ideally have undergone additional safety training.
- They must be trustworthy, reliable and excellent at timekeeping.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates for both positions should forward their full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, a cover letter detailing qualifications in relation to the position, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate the position being applied for on the subject matter. Only successful applicants will be communicated with. The application closing date is 8th July, 2014. People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about USAIDSimilar Jobs
- The U.S. Embassy Recruitment for Data Entry Clerk (Housing)
- Regional Training Assistant (French Speaking) at the British High Commission (BHC)
- Ongoing Recruitment at Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
- The U.S. Embassy Recruitment for Economic Specialist
- Ongoing Nationwide Recruitment at the 2017 Federal Government N-Power Programme
- Job Opportunities at The British High Commission
- Latest Recruitment at Embassy of the Republic of Zimbabwe
- Job Vacancies at The National Institute for Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA)