PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions
• Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate Stanbic IBTC product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
• Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers)
• Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
• Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
• Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
• Identifying opportunities to migrate top-end customers.
• Providing a central “no-frills” (information/ query handling) service point for a portfolio of small business customers.
• Performing a liaison role between customers and back - office service fulfillment and credit functions.
• Interacting with clients and conducting needs analyses to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
• Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates/ documentation requirements for banking facilities.
• Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behavior and product usage.
• Advice given to customers should benefit both the customer and Standard Bank. Wrong and unprofitable customer behavior should not be encouraged.
• Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
• Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. personal balance sheets, cash flow statements, financial statements and management accounts.
• Process scored credit applications within the confidential limit of authority and BRI scores.
• Notify customers regarding the approval of credit loan facilities.
• Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
• Adhering to record keeping requirements as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
To apply for this position, click here