Vacancy in an International Insurance Group
Posted on: 23 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen is mandated by an international insurance group to recruit a General Manager for their operations in Nigeria
Our client is the insurance leader in Africa, operating in over 20 countries mainly in the non-life insurance segment.
- The Managing Director is responsible for operations and strategy implementation.
- This will require setting up of a proactive team to drive expansion of the business .
- The Managing Director is fully responsible for optimizing operations and cost to achieve the set target which is to double the size of the business within a year.
Strategic planning & performance management
- Defines the Strategy of the group in Nigeria in coordination with the HQ based in Morocco
- Responsible for implementing the strategy at a country level
- Drives process standardization
- Develop and execute business strategies in the country to deliver growth targets
- Prepare annual budgets for the region , achievement of monthly revenue/ profit budgets & forecasts
- Develop territory, sector, product sales plans to deliver growth
- Review all contracts with the commercial department , ensure adherence to risk management procedures
HR performance & Talent Management
- Recruits, develops and promotes human resources in the Country
- Permanently aiming at building the “best team”
- Fostering team building
- Encouraging team work
- Communicating openly with the team
Transparency & internal Control
- Define & put in place norms and procedures for internal control in order to guarantee operational security and the assets of the organisation
- Ensure that procedures and internal controls are respected
- Be aware of risks and threats to the organisation as soon as they appear.
Communication and Company Image
- Act as the main representative of the institution in respect to Government agencies and the media
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with regulatory bodies.
- MBA equivalent + 10 to 15 years minimum of experience in Insurance
- Experience with core insurance systems & packaging
- Industry specific analytics in the insurance space
- Risk management experience in multiple disciplines and/or entreprise risk management
- Knowledge of relevant insurance regulatory frameworks
- Experience in Nigeria or neighbouring countries.
- Fluent English, French is a plus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Legal Officers at Law Union & Rock Insurance Plc
- Head Bancassurance at a Global Insurance Firm - Fosad Consulting
- Exciting Roles at an Insurance Firm - Marcforte Business Consulting
- Underwriting Officers at an Insurance Firm - Fosad Consulting