What is your passion? Whether you're into tennis, swimming or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU!
We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos's port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor. Guests have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar is the perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveller there is a health club bar serving fresh juices. InterContinental Lagos also offers exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities include a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space.
We are currently recruiting our Materials Manager
- As the Materials Manager, you will coordinate all the Purchasing activities, ensuring that the hotel benefits from the best available prices from the market without compromising the quality standards.
- You will drive the agreed cost savings monthly and annually through the procurement of goods and services by leveraging IHG's purchasing power with suppliers.
- Also you will ensure that procurement activities are aligned with brand guidelines and support sustainability initiatives and simplify the purchasing process for Hotel operational departments.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Translate operating forecasts into material requirements plans and thereby determine standard stock and re-order levels to ensure that the hotel is fully supported with all the material inputs.
- Identify and develop reliable sources of supply through supplier appraisal and evaluation system as per the IHG purchasing standards and ethics. .
- Responsible for hotel Importation in liaison with the Accounts department.
- Supervision of all the duties in Purchasing department.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Provide documented and accurate monthly Purchasing reports to the Financial Controller, General Manager showing the activity status and Performance targets.
- A degree in Supply Chain Management is preferred or its equivalent
- Typically 5-8 years experience in Purchase management with at least 3 years in Finance leadership positions in hotels of international brand
- Good understanding of the Nigerian / African business and operation environments and markets
- Local or expat
- Service minded and ability to involve and support operations
- Business savvy and good people skills
- Experience in emerging markets / similar hard locations
- Visionary & strategic thinker and ability to convert this to action
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.