Technical Product Development:
- Ensure timely delivery of relevant functionality to meet the need of MCommerce customers through effective end-to-end Project Management including requirements gathering, testing, product launch and where necessary pilot programs.
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to ensure new product functionalities, processes and systems are relevant, timely & explicit.
- Provide product support to internal customers on system changes.
- Manage efficient resolution of any functionality related matters
Ensure SLA with departments and service providers are met:
- Develop and manage M-Commerce processes and procedures to ensure adherence by all departments and service providers
- Develop and manage M-Commerce SLA’s for internal processes and service providers, monitor achievement of defined objectives and ensure adherence to the set standards; and establish processes to monitor quality of service provided by them
- Track and monitor performance of internal departments and service providers to ensure targets are met, e.g. Comviva, technical, IT & customer service.
- Ensure 100% MCommerce platform uptime and USSD gateway uptime in coordination with the service provider.
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across relevant touch points to meet compliance requirements.
Oversee integration and implementation of products and services for mobile commerce:
- Coordinate between the different sections of the IT & Networks and other functions for MCommerce integrations on all channels
- Manage the IT/ Networks integration pipeline (maintaining the records/status)
- Ensure effective and efficient partner integrations
- Ensure integration partner’s adherence to SLA’s.
- Developing a monitoring system for issues logged and ticketed with the integration partner and manages delivery timelines.
- Coordinate and Conduct UATs for integrations and product enhancements and attain sign off for the same.
- Coordinate implementation of new services and product enhancements by development partners and local technical support
- Collaborate with IT, Networks & Billing departments to develop design specifications for new products
Ensure efficient and effective delivery of mobile commerce operations:
- Propose and implement changes to processes and procedures for efficient mobile commerce operations.
- Coordinate training and required certification for mobile commerce team, retail & business partners.
- Coordinate the development of manuals and guides for mobile commerce products and services.
Incident & Change Management & Back office operations:
- Develop process and procedures to ensure efficient management of retail back office operations
- Oversee second level support for scheme operators and retail trade partners
- Manage Incidents and Problems according to the company Incident and Problem Management Policy.
- Evaluate and manage new changes requests or products from MCommerce Business Partners and the Products and Service Department.
- Implement changes to the Mobile Money Solution through the Change Management Policy.
- Manage the collection and update of daily performance and capacity statistics.
- Maintain the MCommerce Platform Business Continuity Management profile and Technical Recovery Procedures.
- Ensure the System Backups are managed according to the company Backup Policy
Operations/ Customer Care:
- Manage performance of operations staff
- Plan customer care strategy to drive usage using call backs, health checks, churn management etc.
- Understand the basic structure of M-Commerce system, so as to provide problem solving and third tier support
- Define agreed customer care SLA with scheme operators
- Ensure customer care related issues are resolved within KPI limits
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a Technical field - BSc. Computer Science, IT or Electrical Engineering
- Project Management certification - PMP / PMI or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- Project Management
- 8 years work experience of which 2 years must be in a managerial role in IT Projects or Operations.
- Work experience in telecommunications environment at line management or senior engineer level is mandatory with experience with IT Applications, USSD, SMSC and STK
- Experience in system integration and architecture design mandatory
- Experience in e-banking would be an added advantage
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian and International Mobile Financial Services Market, subscriber preferences and trends.
- Sufficient knowledge of UNIX, Solaris and Linux operating systems, SQL, MySQL, Oracle, TCP/IP networking, and general knowledge of database is an advantage.
- Experience in mobile e-commerce, software quality assurance and in software development lifecycle/projects