Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Duration of Contract: 3 Months (with Possibility of extension)
Main Objective and Responsibilities
- Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Personnel Administration Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve set objectives
Description of the Responsibilities/Activities:
- Under supervision of the Project HR Manager managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating Social security Tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Additional HR/ Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR Manager.
- Regular update of MSF staff database Homere and personnel files: entering data of new staff end of contracts, change of contracts, disciplinary issues, leaves, pay slips, special payments, allowances, life/health/medical insurance, trainings, etc;
- Maintenance of personnel files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and updated documentation;
- Execute, under the PAM supervision, employee contract related activities (file opening and formal documentation archiving, personal data updating, amendments, termination dates, filing etc.) in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Support projects in regards to HOMERE operations & other HR Admin processes, execute training on the same when deemed necessary;
- Coach and build the capacity of the FIN/HR Assistants in all projects regarding Homere and other administrative issues by giving on-the-job training and/by visiting the projects;
- Printing of Staff Identification Cards for newly recruited National staff.
- Support the PAM in update and implementation of MSF Policies;
- Ensure insurance claim submissions are compliant;
- Support the recruitment process with the posting / dissemination of new vacancies;
- Assist in the briefings of new recruits (NS) (i.e.: social benefits);
- Facilitate the briefing and debriefing scheduling for arriving and departing expats in consultation with Admin Transit;
- Flexibility in undertaking other assigned tasks as requested by Personnel Administration Manager.
- Education: Desirable Finance, Business or Administration related diploma.
- Experience: Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Languages: Knowledge of English (spoken &written, plus any local languages
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Competences: Result, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment and Stress management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and scan copies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details to: email@example.com Please let the subject of your email be "HR Assistant" as this will only be honoured.
Send hard copies in an envelope, specify on the envelope - Application for the post of "HR Assistant" to the address below:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
No. 11, First Avenue,
Send to Our project offices in "Zamfara, Sokoto, Benue and States".