Head, Human Resources at a Leading Insurance Firm - StreSERT Services Limited
Posted on: 22 July, 2019
Deadline: 10 August, 2019
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is one of the leading Insurance Companies in Nigeria.
(job ref: IH-HRL)
The holder of this role will be responsible for developing HR strategies in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- Supervise and provide leadership in the implementation of all human resources functions.
- Establish HR processes and procedures in line with organizational goals and objectives.
- Drive the execution of the organization’s strategy plan in relation to human capital management.
- Implement HR strategies by establishing department accountabilities, covering talent acquisition and retention, competency development, workforce and succession planning, compensation, training and development, labour relations, etc.
- Provide indices for defining and maintaining a competitive and merit-based compensation system to support the company’s vision and strategy.
- Nurture a positive workforce and an environment able to stimulate productivity.
- Develop human resources operations financial strategies by forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; whilst aligning monetary resources accountably.
- Advise and support departmental Heads on interpretation and administration of human capital policies and programmes.
- Handle employee relations issues.
- Formulate HR Strategies within the organization that will ensure the availability of highly skilled and motivated employees through an effective and efficient recruitment system.
- Support Management by providing human resources counsel and guidance in maximizing corporate goals and values.
- Identify legal requirements and government regulations affecting human resource functions whilst ensuring that the organizational policies and procedures are compliant.
- Attend to all matters pertaining to codes of conducts such as conflict of interests, conflict resolutions, work hours, dress codes, harassments, etc.
- Enforce and sustain business culture, attitude, resourcefulness, and work equality among employees.
- People-management competencies
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Leadership dexterity
- Strategic thinking
- Business management skills
- Financial acumen
- Conflict management
- Attention to details
- Strong sense of maturity and confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Nigerian employment and labor laws
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- I.T. savvy
- First degree in a related discipline.
- MBA /Advanced Diploma in Management and Human Resources is compulsory.
- Associate membership of CIPMN, CIPD, or SHRM.
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience in Human Resources Management.
- Sound knowledge of Insurance processes, NAICOM and other regulatory guidelines will be an added advantage.
Attractive and negotiable
Method of Application
Forward all applications to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘IH-HRL’ as the subject of application before 10th August 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Financial Advisers at African Alliance Insurance Plc
- Retail Executives at Mutual Benefits Assurance
- Loss Adjuster at Nicole Sinclair
- Retail Executives (Sales) at Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
- IT Collaboration Manager at Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
- Head of Technical Services at Asset & Resource Management Holding Company
- Agency Manager at a Top Insurance Firm
- Latest Jobs at Royal Exchange General Insurance Company Limited