A Telecommunications company is lookling to fill the role below
As a Technical Operations Manager your primary role will be to lead and manage a team of engineers and several field technicians, driving optimal performance to meet company delivery timelines. You will be responsible for employee engagement; Talent succession planning; Training; Development; Disciplinary where required.
In addition you will be required to deliver all business goals, while providing reviews and adjusting a local operations plan that underpins GM and national Service Delivery with flexibility to meet the changing business environment, including Testing and management of Service Contingency plans. Embrace, lead and drive sustainable business change within the business aligned to the customers, markets and economic conditions. Applicants should have proven experience in an operational environment, managing field based teams of engineers and technicians in a telecoms company. Strategic business experience, including talent management and succession, process efficiency improvement, and development of successful SOIP's would be a significant advantage.
Responsible for planning and timely completion of project deliverables
Ensure Deployment Process and Procedures are met based on customer standard or guideline
Ensure Quality, Environmental and H&S requirements are met according to regulations
Output daily/weekly report including progress/status/issues
Manage pending issues and if necessary search for support or escalation
- At least 10+ years working experience in IT-Telecom related network project implementation and maintenance. At least 5 years working experience in project management
- Good knowledge and experience of GSM, UMTS, LTE, IP domain
- Fluent spoken and written English skills
- Good skills of communication and coordination
- Experience of leading a team or acting as an expert/mentor on a project or in a particular
Good understanding of IT network infrastructure, GSM, UMTS, LTE
Ability to interpret technical client requirements and provide strong commercially viable IT solutions
- Ability to demonstrate very strong design and implementation skills. A working knowledge from a reseller environment. Manage, troubleshoot and resolve escalated technical support calls from the service desk
- Guide and aid effective incident resolutions
- Act as the liaison between support and project and maintenance teams
- Identify problem candidates requiring in depth analysis, working through to resolution.
- Lead the delivery of the specific network solutions, including requirements analysis, vendor statement of work evaluation, tool selection, and implementation planning.
- Provide input to project budget planning; perform cost benefit analyses and estimate cost for individual work and initiatives; develop accurate forecasts, and identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Work with development teams, IT operations, and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development, testing and implementation life cycle, including participation in troubleshooting of production issues.
- Act as a Project Manager on projects when required and provide full technical support to designated project team leads, supervisors and sub-managers.
- Compiling engineering project proposals to define goals, identify scope, background and need, and ascertain cost of equipment, parts and services
- Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures in the provision of telecommunications systems
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below