Financial Accountant at a Telecommunications Company
Posted on: 22 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
A Telecommunications company is lookling to fill the role below
Opportunity: This is a role that requires a working knowledge of general financial accounting practice in tandem with IFRS.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with a team of Auditors, Financial Accountant will play a key role in timely delivery of all financial reporting and month end management accounting whilst also ensuring the smooth reconciliation of project profitability appraisals. This is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to put their mark on the role that is pivotal to the business.
Key Financial Accountant duty include;
- Prepare the year-end financial statements and reports
- Review and report on various projects and business units’ profitability.
- Administer and report on the tax exposures of the organisation.
- Review, update and restructure internal controls processes within the organisation.
- Prepare the quarterly, bi-annual management accounting reports to management and report on variances therein.
- Prepare the organisation’s financial budget and financial exposures to external entities
- Provide advisory information to top management both independently and upon request from external auditors
- Financial and management performance reporting to Directors, including KPIs
- Production of month end management accounts pack including full P&L and balance sheet reconciliations with commentary and analysis
- Day to day management of the company’s budget (purchasing, supplier contracts, invoices, bank payments and receipts)
- Performing as company principal financial risk analyst
- Liaising with other accountant to ensure conformity with Monthly VAT returns, Payroll and expenses processing confirmation
- Qualified by Experience 6+ post NYSC (QBE) (ICAN/ACCA added advantage)
- Demonstrable experience operating in a SME/OMB environment where you have been responsible for producing the full month end management accounts pack including providing KPI analysis.
- Ability to work well in a small team setting aside your individual proactive financial management improvement process execution
- Proactive with the ability to prioritise workload & meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive data professionally & maintain confidentiality
- A Good knowledge of software packages including Microsoft Office, Sage accounting software would be advantageous
- In this role you will be in a position to really make an impact into the business and be a key part of an ambitious growing business.
- Salary will be very competitive based on experience with a huge scope for a long term career and progression within the company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Production Analyst at IQVIA
- Regional Sales Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- General Manager, West Africa at MasterCard Nigeria
- Regional Sales Agronomist at the Workplace Centre Limited
- Business Development Executives at Rhics Technology
- I.T Support Engineer at Sunnet Systems and Datacom Services Limited
- 2019 Fintrak Software Trainee Academy Programme