A Telecommunications company is lookling to fill the role below
We currently seeking for a technical Design engineer/executive to join our engineering team.
The primary goal of this team is to ensure that the people and resources in pace are best positioned to deliver optimum service, on time and in budget to their clients. As a technical design documentation engineer your primary role will be to:
- Design appropriate drawings to ensure optimal utilisation of network deployment resources both in-building and outdoors wise. You will be responsible for location analysis, identification and appropriate design; Development; engineering personnel adherence to company document templates where required.
- Conduct periodic review of design templates to adjust to changing business environment and needs in a sustainable manner.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met: Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Schedules due dates for drawings, specifications, software, technical manuals, and other documents.
- Monitors status of project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
- Submits project documentation to management for approval, and transmits approved documents to customer.
- Confers with engineers, managers, customers, and others to discuss project, prepare documents, or modify contract schedules.
B. Network Design Analysis
- Conduct network analysis employing appropriate design tools
- Execute periodic investigation of network topologies to determine more effective deployment standards
- Conduct analysis to generate required network assessment gaps
- Employ multiple platform techniques to conduct design analysis
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches related to well-defined problems and analysis of moderate scope and complexity
- Conducts engineering and related studies; projects and assignments are clearly defined with focus on development but must be able to complete routine engineering projects with minimal oversight; competent to design, operate and maintain systems with minimum impact on existing systems
- Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; demonstrates proficiency in technical competencies and has ability to interpret technical information and instructions
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files
Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally
Good understanding of IT network infrastructure, GSM, UMTS, LTE, excel analytic, GIS others
Ability to interpret technical client requirements and provide strong commercially viable IT solutions
Ability to demonstrate very strong design and implementation skills. A working knowledge from a reseller environment. Manage, troubleshoot and resolve escalated technical support calls from the service desk
- At least 4+ years working experience in IT-Telecom related network project implementation and maintenance. At least 2 years working experience in project management
- Good knowledge and experience of GSM, UMTS, LTE, IP domain alongside required design engineering tools
- Fluent spoken and written English skills.
- Good skills of communication and coordination
- Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below