Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender
- Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Purpose of Position
- The Data, Informatics and Analytical Solutions Practice (DIAS) in Palladium is currently seeking a Senior Regional Data Use Advisor to lead data use activities on the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.fi) award
- Data.fi is a $180 million, 5-year project which will serve as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic PEPFAR countries
- The overall goal of the Data.fi project is to improve global, regional and national in-depth analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic
- The focus also includes directly supporting host country governments and implementing partners to further enhance existing health information system platforms to inform management responses to well-defined gaps in HIV/AIDS programming.
- The Senior Regional Data Use Advisor will implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving. This position is a regional role, expected to be based in Abuja, Nigeria. Regional candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa are encouraged to apply.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Regional Data Use Advisor are to support assigned projects to conduct a comprehensive review of data use needs and devise strategies for data use interventions. This may include:
- Reviewing information products including data visualizations available and required within project portfolio, in order to design and develop user-friendly and intuitive data dashboards and data visualization products to enable the clients, partners and host country governments, to monitor target indicators for improved decision making.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising Field Data Use Teams.
- Supporting the design of weekly data review meetings, approaches and methodologies, while supervising implementation on assigned projects
- Supervising knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategies.
- Minimum education and experience required
- A Master's Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 8 years experience advising on health management information systems or routine health information systems
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS programs, including DHIS 2 preferred
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise Required:
- Superior knowledge of project management principles to manage projects and work with multi-disciplinary teams including a broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods and techniques;
- Work well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem solving.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to achieve consensus among senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English are required to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
- Knowledge and experience applying the Principles for Digital Development.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members and clients of different cultures, gender, and hierarchical levels.
- Entrepreneurial and inquisitive mindset that takes initiative to learn new systems, technologies, and skills pertinent to the work of the DIAS Practice.
- Ability to travel or be deployed for extended periods of time with limited notice
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with strong organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in team settings
- Strong cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving and multicultural team while maintaining a client-centered focus
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-cultural team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on palladiumhr.secure.force.com to apply