Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Posted on: 19 July, 2019
Deadline: 27 July, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
Location: Damasak, Borno
Reports to: The Field Office Coordinator
- NRC is looking for a Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant for our field office in Damasak in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant is to support programme activities in Damasak, Borno State
- Ensure proper and systematic filing of all personnel files
- Support recruitment process by collecting applications, long listing, schedules examination, administering tests, and conducting interviews
- coordinating appointments and background/reference checks, and communicating benefit information
- Maintaining a database of field office recruitment
- induction of new staff, and schedule briefing with relevant departments and assist in email address requests for new staff
- Preparation of contracts for both casual workers and full time workers
- Issuance of stock request to relevant department and updating and sharing the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that office and guest house supplies are requested for and timely distributed
- Preparing and circulating the Minutes from the all staff meetings
- Supervising of the cleaner/cook
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager
- Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Management Science or any other related Course
- Advance Degree of professional certification e.g CIPM will be and added advantage
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a human resource department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft office Applications)
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Commencement: January 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Damasak, with frequent travels. Travel outside Damasak is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Method of Application
Click here for more Information (MS Word)
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) career website on www.webcruiter.no to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)Similar Jobs
- Laboratory Officer at ICAP (Columbia University)
- Case Management Officer at The International Rescue Committee
- Executive Assistant at Change Partners International
- Job Openings at Plan International
- Security Officer at Terre des hommes (Tdh)
- Consultant II, Capacity Building at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Program Assistant at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Latest Vacancies at International Medical Corps